Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
lol?
lol
lol!
View Results

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
lowtax lied
forums died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
the forums breaking surely must be from the transfer of ownership

lol

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

when the forums transfer is complete they will collapse, due to load bearing radium code that only works if richard is in the name of the site owner

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
richard of yospos it is then

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
dick's pos

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
so, uh, this thing is totally happening by the end of the month, which is today

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
what are you going to do if it doesn’t

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lol. i'm going to lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
start a loving riot. doxx lowtax’s grandma. sass a mod. post impotently. cry.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it's like cancelling netflix, it's gotta happen on the first

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

infernal machines posted:

lol. i'm going to lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i’m going to literally shake

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
Lowtax spent the last decade burning all the social capital he built up in the 2000's and when he was faced with a "straw breaking the camel's back" situation that people can point to as being truly egregious he tries to rules lawyer himself in of the court of public opinion.

I'm just thinking about how RMS also took his golden situation for granted, but one day he was lazily dicking around on a mailing list and said something really dumb that made everyone sit up and take notice.
"Hurf blurf this is a horrible misunderstanding!" but if you ask, "Dude, what are you really doing here?" nah, he's out.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i remember momentarily thinking back in december or january, or whenever his previous dramabomb dropped, "lol, man that guy certainly knows how to pick 'em", then "you know, if the one constant in this two decade long string of horrible failed relationships is lowtax, maybe he's just an rear end in a top hat"

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it is now 01 October.

lol

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

it is now 01 October.

lol

wtf no. it's not even close.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
welcome to the past grandpa

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i remember momentarily thinking back in december or january, or whenever his previous dramabomb dropped, "lol, man that guy certainly knows how to pick 'em", then "you know, if the one constant in this two decade long string of horrible failed relationships is lowtax, maybe he's just an rear end in a top hat"

lol isn't integral a family lawyer or a social worker or something like that now

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Roosevelt posted:

wtf no. it's not even close.

suck it in, that fresh spring October air

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
sign the papers richard

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

suck it in, that fresh spring October air

october? spring?

youve clearly lost your mind

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
You want lowtax to finally sell the forums because then that is all obstacles removed from potentially getting to watch a genuine attempt to move the forums to Xenforo or some bespoke thing, and how bad that'll be

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Coffee Jones posted:

Lowtax spent the last decade burning all the social capital he built up in the 2000's and when he was faced with a "straw breaking the camel's back" situation that people can point to as being truly egregious he tries to rules lawyer himself in of the court of public opinion.

i really thought the site was done for cause it seems like every six to twelve months lowtax reappears with a story about how he's broke, the site is broke, and he was just shot 25 times for minding his own business and we have to bail him our again and it really seemed like people were over it this time

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Face Joe posted:

october? spring?

youve clearly lost your mind

:smugmrgw:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

yeah ive been giving him the benefit of the doubt for ages, and earlier this year read something that was written from a pro-richard point of view about how some woman stole his money and kidnapped his kids

i doubt thats true but I also doubt many people have decent insight into who really shat on who and its probably like its a "everyone sucks here" situation

regardless

richard

LOL

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol isn't integral a family lawyer or a social worker or something like that now

What does it say about someone if they know who that is and also what they're up to in 2020.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i somehow remember integral but have no memory of having heard of any part of lowtax drama before this last debacle. i am unsure whether it is because i actually heard about none of it, or because it was all uninteresting enough that i've fully forgotten it.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
there was a vibe when I got here that there was a "cool crew" of mods and admins and fyad and people who everyone knew.

integral was one of those people

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
i cannot wait for clan yospos to assume its proper role atop the somethingawfulforums hierarchy

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Deleted and all posters banned?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

whats the impression of yospos from outside yospos? usually the only people vocal about that kind of thing are individuals that have been burned rather than people who didnt quite fit in and go back to reddit.com and post "yospos is a bunch of middle aged tech losers with good incomes and they need new jokes"

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
No one gives a gently caress about YOSPOS. Except fyad/Jeffrey that apparently hate it.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
*I* do

:negative:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

echinopsis posted:

whats the impression of yospos from outside yospos? usually the only people vocal about that kind of thing are individuals that have been burned rather than people who didnt quite fit in and go back to reddit.com and post "yospos is a bunch of middle aged tech losers with good incomes and they need new jokes"

fyad seems weirdly rankled by us, so we're probably doing something right, otherwise that reddit poster is about right

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

i cannot wait for clan yospos to assume its proper role atop the somethingawfulforums hierarchy

i made a whole thread about that op. turns out it’s a whole big nothing burger.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

fyad seems weirdly rankled by us, so we're probably doing something right, otherwise that reddit poster is about right

Both forums have like 10 posters and are best ignored, misery likes company.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"watched some people who call themselves friends hang out at the bar and drink. they looked like they were having a good time, but I sat there by myself evasdropping and I tell you what.. those guys talk some poo poo for real. now I asked them if they were having a good time and they all said yeah they're having a great time, fuckin good night etc, but idk.. no way they could be having a more fun night than me. I did some sudoku. I live an intelligence existence. those guys suck. I hate them and they're not having fun"

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Nice meltdown.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
more like, nice attempt to try to look cool by calling a paragraph a "meltdown".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh for sure, man.