Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
lol?
lol
lol!
View Results

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

What's the status of the conspiracy theory that Jeffrey of yospos is actually a lowtax Alt

lowtax would never in a million years make a forums post that says "revenue exceeds expenses, everything is great you guys don't need to send me any money" so no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

FCKGW posted:

lowtax would never in a million years make a forums post that says "revenue exceeds expenses, everything is great you guys don't need to send me any money" so no

maybe, but jeffery did that and then started a patreon anyway.

so, yes, it's definitely not lowtax, because jeffrey is also good at business

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

gip used to be p gross back in like 2012, their chat thread had warcrime videos

but that's been cleaned up for awhile now is my understanding

oh? i was unaware of that

i'd never gone in there until recently because i'd assumed it was going to be bad, but when i did, i found instead it was mostly somewhat dark humour about how much millitary life - mostly not in combat, but just enlisted - absolutlely sucks, and how badly some of their compatriots, or they themselves hosed something up

i found it a lot closer to something like the 'hell of a way to die' podcast than the hellhole i expected

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
What the gently caress is GiP?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CyberPingu posted:

Short for "the gipper" - Ronald Reagan.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
theres so many lovely little subforums that like 2 people read

like this
https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=277

a subforum just for airsoft? lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

pram posted:

like this

looks like there’s only been about 10 posts so far in 2021

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

that’s less than one per month

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
everyone should have their own subforum where they are the IK. they must pick a topic though

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

forums mormonism

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=218

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

pram posted:

like this

this one too

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=219

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

The Management posted:

everyone should have their own subforum where they are the IK. they must pick a topic though

nothing but birds

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ah... military bollocks.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

looks bad op

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
hello my forum is about cheese and fermented foods

thanks for subscribing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
oh, hello space kimchi

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Ah... military bollocks.

i found it an interesting look in to that life

i've never been in, but there was a point in my life where i was considering it, so it's interesting to see what might have been

i very much made the right choice there, according to them

there's also discussion of interesting equipment, from a p-38 can opener up to an aircraft carrier, which is neat just from an engineering point of view

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

i found yospos because i was intentionally looking through buried subforums. to think, I could instead be posting in coupons right now!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

there but for the grace of god

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

i found yospos because i was intentionally looking through buried subforums. to think, I could instead be posting in coupons right now!

whyd u stay

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
funny compute

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

never heard of it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The entire motorcycle forum has less posts in it than the yospos cat thread

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Management posted:

i wonder what it could be :thunk:

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Sagebrush posted:

two wheels good four legs better

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Sagebrush posted:

should delete both just to be safe

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

The Management posted:

"post my favorite" but for the entire forums

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

does the motorcycle forum support mopeds and scooters?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Absolutely, yes. Anything with two tandem wheels (no segways or hoverboards) and a motor.

(E-bikes are borderline)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

BLOBby Newmark posted:

i found it an interesting look in to that life

i've never been in, but there was a point in my life where i was considering it, so it's interesting to see what might have been

i very much made the right choice there, according to them

there's also discussion of interesting equipment, from a p-38 can opener up to an aircraft carrier, which is neat just from an engineering point of view

Everything military is immediate go away poo poo to me. It's like my most hated thing in the world. Not making GBS threads on vets, but the institution is the loving worst.

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Everything military is immediate go away poo poo to me. It's like my most hated thing in the world. Not making GBS threads on vets, but the institution is the loving worst.

the point i'm trying to make is that they, the active service people and vets both, mostly agree with with you that the institution is hosed up

if you're so enraged by the mere concept of the millitary that you can't listen to the stories of those who are, or have been in it, well, ok, up to you

you're very mistaken if you think the forum is people bragging about how many people they've killed though

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

vets are proletarian coerced into becoming murders for the aristocracy and empty heroes for the lumpenproletariat

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ya the us mil is an escape parachute from rural destination for many of it's members

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

SmokaDustbowl posted:

vets are proletarian coerced into becoming murders for the aristocracy and empty heroes for the lumpenproletariat

yes.

footsoldiers, while they have often been directed to, and did heinous things, they were pushed into

'since when has a private been in charge of anything but their own boots?'

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

CyberPingu posted:

Ah... military bollocks.

literally all of those dudes are the exact same.

i was in a voice chat last night listening to some raid leaders and one guy started talking about how he got some "shellback" medal for crossing the equator or some poo poo. He immediately transitioned into talking about how the covid vaccines change your dna to make you a gay communist or something idk i immediately left

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

well, i've a leftist outlook too, but i'm certainly not full tankie

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

shellback is some "secret" thing where you gotta crawl through gross poo poo and kiss a fat guys belly or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

BLOBby Newmark posted:

well, i've a leftist outlook too, but i'm certainly not full tankie

you will be when you discover tankie is a term only liberals and reactionaries use