Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

rotor posted:

i just use dr bronners for everything op

tl;dr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i just dont have enough hair left to get real worked up over it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

rotor posted:

confirmed, i'm on the same one i bought 2006. the blades are even sharpenable.

i got an oster, specifically one of the same model my barber had

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol the gently caress does this mean

it means i'm becoming my weird uncle, and frankly i'm not thrilled about the prospect

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
tbh that was a big reason i cut my hair. turns out that longer hair + facial hair means i start to look like my dad, which i don't want

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
e: who cares

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 21, 2020

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
urself!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it is right in the thread title

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
feel like a good life is a train who has already left the station. but bumming others out with my life ain’t helpful to anyone incl me and you. i hope you self care

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i started cutting my hair in may and tbh i can do a decent taper on the sides and a mens standard cut on the top with my old college clippers. it really made me feel like myself again

same for regular shaves; got a bunch of proraso stuff and it gives me some normalcy and keeps my skin clear. zoom and image compression hide my stubble sometimes, so i slack a few days at a time. gotta get back on that self care horse

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

rotor posted:

i just dont have enough hair left to get real worked up over it

this destroys the rotor mental image

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Cat Face Joe posted:

this destroys the rotor mental image

?

i'm not bald yet but definitely getting thin. I feel bad for my lil brother, he was 100% bald by the time he was 30. Poor bastard.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

why doesnt the thread title say fancy fellas?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

President Beep posted:

decisive. much respect.

tbh even without the hairline on top of my skull thing, I always thought I looked better bald anyway. something to do with the shape of my face, or my square rim glasses maybe :shrug:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

did a shave with some barbasol in a rush, still feelin good though

Jenny Agutter posted:

why doesnt the thread title say fancy fellas?

seconded, motion to 'mods?'

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I’m a fancy lad

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Jenny Agutter posted:

In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

There is an idea of a middle aged self loathing computer toucher posting on a wife beater’s comedy PHP forum. Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me. Only an entity. Something illusory. And though I can hide my cold fishmechin’, and you can quote my posts and tell me to stop, and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wish your posts were only an illusion. woof!

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

my hair is thick and wavy and no barber can understand it so I end up with the same haircut no matter what I ask for or the shop I go to. I've had a beard trim and hot towel thing exactly once and it was wonderful but idk maintaining a beard all the time isn't worth it

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Jenny Agutter posted:

In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

i rinse my face with water and look incredible hth

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

my stepdads beer posted:

my hair is thick and wavy and no barber can understand it so I end up with the same haircut no matter what I ask for or the shop I go to. I've had a beard trim and hot towel thing exactly once and it was wonderful but idk maintaining a beard all the time isn't worth it

there are two inexpensive portuguese barbers within a block of my house. one will cut your hair in 15 minutes, one will take fully an hour and do the whole shebang, hot towel, shampoo, painstakingly crafting your coiffure by hand. they're within $5 of each other price wise too.

i go to the one that takes 15 minutes because the end results look identical in a week anyway

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JLnC0e5dUU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
anyway "self care" as it is bandied about is financially and temporally out of reach for a lot of overworked people and turns the problem of overwork into a personal problem the worker needs to fix on their own time, rather than addressing the actual problem of overwork

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
treat yo’self

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Silver Alicorn posted:

anyway "self care" as it is bandied about is financially and temporally out of reach for a lot of overworked people and turns the problem of overwork into a personal problem the worker needs to fix on their own time, rather than addressing the actual problem of overwork

https://twitter.com/Rainesford/status/1312758415224049670

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i wipe my bum after doing a poo

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Nice, might start adding this to my daily regimen

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SpaceAceJase posted:

Nice, might start adding this to my daily regimen

for a bit of luxury, use toilet paper

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I thought finns used wooden knives for that

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Achmed Jones posted:

Why would you think that, are you stupid?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

THATS BESIDE THE POINT

of the wooden knife

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Achmed Jones posted:

The Russians simply use a pencil

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

knox_harrington posted:

The Russians simply use a pencil

Russians are so advanced they don't even need to poo poo. Proof: have you ever seen a Russian person poo poo? MOT I rest my case.

e: Oleg doesn't count as he's technically Bulgarian, and also it was inadvertent.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tbf i haven’t seen most people poo poo and right now makes me wonder why the world has so many toilets

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

3D Megadoodoo posted:

im from the midwest so im accustomed to old corn cobs

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

echinopsis posted:

tbf i haven’t seen most people poo poo and right now makes me wonder why the world has so many toilets

They're all for you

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i spray water at my butthole op

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

*kramers into thread* biiideeeet

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I trimmed my beard short enough that shaving my jawline seemed like a good idea. Got to use the stuff I bought a couple months ago; it was nice.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

infernal machines posted:

i spray water at my butthole op

yeah if i'm doing a poo in my toilet toilet at home i do that too (the bathroom toilet doesn't have that possibility, unless you waddle under the shower all poo poo-arsed and do it there), but then i wipe anyway to dry it. no-one likes a wet bum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

hot drat, two toilets?

what a life of luxury.