Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

40oz of fury
Sep 24, 2007

Is there something wrong with the chain length/chain tension/rear wheel alignment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40oz of fury
Sep 24, 2007

Interesting, certainly seems that if the shift drum is able to move the shift forks will be mis-aligned and won't hold the gears engaged. I'd say you're definitely on the right track.

40oz of fury
Sep 24, 2007

Yeah, something in there was certainly mis-aligned, or there was an unexpected force. I would love to see if you can compare the broken one with the new and figure out for certain what the problem was, just so we have some closure.

Is it possible for the shift drum to go too far "in"? I'm not super impressed by the whole assembly being held in by the neutral switch. Is there any indication of a problem with the dogs? I guess that could cause a lateral load.