Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
Signed up.

In general I enjoy learning how and if I can do things myself and think there’s a great pleasure in having something that is one of a kind.

Or if it’s something tool related that I will use every day that’s cool too. I weld, 3d print, make arduino/rPi things and smoke meat, all badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
Just to add another option for whoever I get paired with: my son was born today :toot:

I means that’s totally DIY when you think about it. :colbert:

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
Recipient is responsible for all applicable Import duties.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
Take your time but I only have so much kibble.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
That is awesome.

:ohdearsass:

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
Mine appears to have made it to one state over from its destination so hopefully not too much longer.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
After some good initial progress my package appears to be doing laps of a certain NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER from what I can see.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
To be honest is I saw my package in that thread I would consider that an adequate present.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
:toot:

The magic squares are the worlds only set of their kind at that scale and it’s a wood filled filament if you want to experiment with stains or varnish or whatever.

The irony of the round tuit is that finish isn’t the intended one. :ssh:

Time to get practicing: god rest ye merry gentlegoons

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
Thankyou for the Japanese babygear. He doesn’t seem all that keen on the fish jerky but we’ll persevere :sun:

Baus!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
:shibe:

Rapulum_Dei fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Dec 24, 2020

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

A package arrived today

Just taking a moment to appreciate a good bit of best brown paper tied with twine, I don't see it enough anymore

Thanks Santa :aaaaa: I like to read the knife making thread because it's all really cool, but I don't have the time, money, or space to get into forging. This is a super cool alternative! Thanks again!

That's cool, I had no idea that was a thing. I know if I bought one it'd become one more unfinished project (having sent my round tuit to AFewBricksShy)

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
I have a secret Santa parcel part II! Thanks peanut, your hail Santa decoration is too good to keep till Christmas so is hanging on my desk :3:

You’ve also reminded me I never learnt to make any origami things other than a cube lantern/water bomb when I was at school. I have to travel for work very shortly so that’ll be something I can work on in the inevitably grim evenings when there’s nothing else to do or anywhere to go.

It was a lovely surprise getting an unexpected parcel during the current grimness so Thankyou again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

McSpergin posted:

You could absolutely sell them through a storefront imvho

Yep, I’d jump on a kit with the STLS to print your own case.