Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

I signed up. I lurk the plant, gardening, and landscaping threads. I just bought my first home and it has a big garden, so most of my diying has to do with that or trying to keep the house from falling down. I'm also into mycology and small engine repair. I love this subforum and I'll cherish whatever is sent my way. I hope my Santee likes plants and/or tools!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

My main gift is not going to be pretty. It'll be functional but I was dumb and ordered some parts from a company that also distributes PPE. I'm going to throw in some extra stuff to make up for it. Might not make the deadline but I'll do my darndest.

Bi-la kaifa fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 1, 2020

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

Dearest Santee, your package is in the worst kind of hell. Canada Post hell. It might make it but you just need to believe in diy Christmas magic.

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

Rutibex posted:

So I think I got my secret santa? But I'm not sure because it is very bizarre? I received a package today addressed to "Ruby Tex" so it obviously comes from the internet. Inside there was this note:

Other than that there was some packaging and two plastic knobs coloured yellow and green. One of the knobs apparently causes cancer and reproductive harm:

These are apparently replacement heads for a hammer I don't own? I guess I could use them as a hammer if I made my own handle. :confused:

Funnily enough I sent that a week after I sent your actual gift. The note was more appropriate than I thought it would be. Thanks, Canada Post. It's currently in Winnipeg waiting to move on. It'll make sense and be cool I promise.

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

Hurray! Rutibex, I'm glad you like it. I was a bit worried about gifting something I technically didn't make but it's such a cool thing if you like old stuff, which I'm thankful you do. I ordered myself some of those heads too so I think I'll make one of my own if I ever get my hands on a lathe. Merry Christmas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

It came! It came! I was starting to get a bit worried (Canada Post! :argh: )

Thank you, mediaphage for the delightful package. The timing on the caramels is perfect since we just ran out of Christmas chocolate to have with our evening tea. The broken tile will get epoxied and included in something we do around the house. Not sure yet. So excited to use everything else! Thank you again!