Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I just want to say that I appreciate that LK has gone to bat for the place in the bad faith zone of QCS. I also still appreciate that he took posters concerns about the rape apologia poo poo seriously a few months back when it would have been much easier to handwave it away as posting enemies poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
ban smarxist

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
cumshitter shouldn't have had his buttons pulled for probating an entire thread of posters while blackout drunk

but on the other hand it wouldn't have been as funny if his buttons weren't pulled

i do not envy the mods for this dilemma

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Dumper Humper posted:

ban smarxist

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Oh Snapple! posted:

I just want to say that I appreciate that LK has gone to bat for the place in the bad faith zone of QCS. I also still appreciate that he took posters concerns about the rape apologia poo poo seriously a few months back when it would have been much easier to handwave it away as posting enemies poo poo.

I'm not LK, but you were a pretty vocal poster in the first feedback thread, and it is even a bit shocking to me to see that you are posting positive things about the mods now. And that makes me feel happy. There was good reason to distrust mods back then, and if you're posting nice stuff about us now, I feel good about how we were able to to internalize your previous feedback and work with it. That makes me feel optimistic about the idea that c-spam can be a functional community, and that the posters here will no longer assume that the mods are your enemies. And everyone else's feedback so far too. When I became a mod c-spam had a reputation in the mod forum as a dysfunctional community, and it still does somewhat (though much less), but I honestly think there has been some improvement. I don't want to be c-spam's enemy, I am also a c-spammer. And seeing this makes me feel like that gap between mods and posters has been bridged somewhat, and that makes me happy.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
cspam's gone soft. doesnt even have provlems with the mods anymore. smdh.

twoday
May 4, 2005

I refuse to believe this, I know it's coming, just have to be patient

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

do you want me to assemble like a "greatest of: CSPAM yelling at the mods" collection to post here? I could do that for y'all if you want it. Like a two typewritten manifesto box set.

twoday
May 4, 2005

no

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I have a complaint, squizzle smells funny. Like spray him woth some febreeze or something, tia.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
where have the power rangers gifs gone

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

twoday posted:

I wanted scrolling gang tags and didn't get them. I'm building a Guillotine specially for twoday now

Happy?

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Reality Protester posted:

cspam's gone soft. doesnt even have provlems with the mods anymore. smdh.

delete cspam, its the only way

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
mods are fine, keep up the work etc etc, i appreciate you putting time and effort into trying to both improve policies and engage with the huddled masses yearning to breathe free

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twoday posted:

we’re all just tired at this point. plus the D&D mods did a Mass Probing yesterday that caught some of us, give it time.

vyelkin posted:

mods are fine, keep up the work etc etc, i appreciate you putting time and effort into trying to both improve policies and engage with the huddled masses yearning to breathe free

:yossame:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

twoday posted:

When I became a mod c-spam had a reputation in the mod forum as a dysfunctional community, and it still does somewhat

this is the actual root of the issue, the mods and admins of this site are in no loving position to call anything dysfunctional, and fluffdaddy being made an admin is pretty strongly indicative that the poisonous and inept attitudes that have continued to drive division and poo poo-flinging fights on SA are here to stay

talking down to a group of people who are broadly better-read and more intelligent than you will never work out well, and i'm using a very broad 'you' here to encompass the 'modmin' team in general and the asinine poo poo that often passes as official communication in QCS

SA's leadership system has been dysfunctional since day one and the current efforts appear to be codifying and crystallizing the status quo; much as with people who 'make it' into management or the C-suite there is an underlying assumption that because they made it they're inherently qualified, and so they have no means of failing downward or facing real accountability since any problem with their leadership is treated as something they're entitled to deal with while retaining their position

CSPAM users aren't the ones who need to learn their place

also:

Fly Molo posted:

we’re all just tired at this point.

yea basically, it's fun to jump into the mess when there's a bad/dumb probe but on balance the current CSPAM mods are fine and there's nothing going on right now that warrants actually being mad

twoday and LK your effort is seen and genuinely appreciated

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Wheeee posted:

this is the actual root of the issue, the mods and admins of this site are in no loving position to call anything dysfunctional

twoday and LK your effort is seen and genuinely appreciated

mod/admin team: cspam is dysfunctional, we need to bring in more moderators
cspam: sounds good, how about someone who posts here?
mod/admin team: absolutely not. let's see who else wants to take a swing at it
cspam: fuk u

*time passes*

mod/admin team: absolutely not. let's see who else wants to take a swing at it

*more time passes*

mod/admin team: absolutely not. let's see who in else wants to take a swing at it
mod/admin team: absolutely not. okay, who's up next?
*crickets*
mod/admin team: ...
cspam: ...
mod/admin team: ...
cspam: ...how about someone who posts here?
mod/admin team: fine whatever

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

ArmZ posted:

imho the mods can do almost anything as long as they continue to own qcs posters

and post in threads you're modding frequently so i can yell at you and feel like i'm yelling at a poster not yelling at some sort of disembodied Forums God who won't deign to interact with the shitposts

i come to cspam for yelling mostly, let me yell

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Grapplejack posted:

Make this the cspam header

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

lmfao

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

and post in threads you're modding frequently so i can yell at you and feel like i'm yelling at a poster not yelling at some sort of disembodied Forums God who won't deign to interact with the shitposts

i come to cspam for yelling mostly, let me yell

I have a habit of not posting as much in threads that do this - not specifically because I care if people yell at me, but because it’s not fair if I derail the discussion by existing.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lightning Knight posted:

lmfao

I have a habit of not posting as much in threads that do this - not specifically because I care if people yell at me, but because it’s not fair if I derail the discussion by existing.

oh no, derails in cspam

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

uh oh :ohdear:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Phone posted:

oh no, derails in cspam

it’s not that. many threads go wildly off topic and I don’t give a poo poo. succ zone is a prime example. what I don’t want to do is post to join in on an ongoing discussion about something funny or interesting and then someone is like “HEY LK DID U HEAR ABOUT QCS???” and now the thread is about me.

and I don’t blame people for doing that. people love gossip and drama and that’s fine. but it’s why sometimes I am just a dirty lurker (I see u all out there)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Phone posted:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Phone posted:

[/quote]

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Phone posted:

I unironically requested this, but I do not know if it is possible or if they’ll do it lol

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lightning Knight posted:

it’s not that. many threads go wildly off topic and I don’t give a poo poo. succ zone is a prime example. what I don’t want to do is post to join in on an ongoing discussion about something funny or interesting and then someone is like “HEY LK DID U HEAR ABOUT QCS???” and now the thread is about me.

and I don’t blame people for doing that. people love gossip and drama and that’s fine. but it’s why sometimes I am just a dirty lurker (I see u all out there)

i still think that you're two 12 year olds stacked up in a trench coat and i still think that you're kind of a dumbass, but you actually do read even if it takes a little bit browbeating to do so

i understand that the succzone is The Bad Place or whatever, but even though you had marching orders to tell everyone to stop "forums raiding", you were instrumental for opening the door to the broader forums discussion as to why people shouldn't be taking tara reade's landlord from 20 years ago at their word, etc.

in conclusion,

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lightning Knight posted:

I unironically requested this, but I do not know if it is possible or if they’ll do it lol

just host the gifs on the SA servers or stitch them all into a single banner, etc

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

youre a loose cannon... but u get results. :hmmyes:

but yeah y’all have been doing fine imo. yall smack down the right dumbasses, hold your own against the Concern Troll Brigade in QCS, and are by far the most approachable and feedback-friendly mods on SA. shits hosed everywhere rn, but CSPAM seems to be ahead of the curve in coping with the present circumstances in healthy-yet-realistic ways, and y’all play a big part in that.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Phone posted:

i still think that you're two 12 year olds stacked up in a trench coat and i still think that you're kind of a dumbass, but you actually do read even if it takes a little bit browbeating to do so

i understand that the succzone is The Bad Place or whatever, but even though you had marching orders to tell everyone to stop "forums raiding", you were instrumental for opening the door to the broader forums discussion as to why people shouldn't be taking tara reade's landlord from 20 years ago at their word, etc.

in conclusion,

I don’t think that the Succ Zone is the bad place. I quite like the thread, I just wish it would stay on topic. This goes beyond just “don’t stirr up poo poo with D&D,” like how it’s also not good to post people who have like 10 twitter followers and then go cyber bully them there. I think it’s ok to have mock threads as long as people religiously follow the most important rule:

don’t touch the poop

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

the yelling shouldn't just be at you for existing, it should be at your decisions at the time they happen (when the probe is handed out/noticed). by appearing in the thread regularly, that means it isn't you popping in for a "oh hey there's the mod go yell at him" it's instead you're just there and when you do dumb things posters yell at you just like they yell at any other poster who does dumb things. except in this case we're yelling at the janitor for cleaning up what they think is vomit and we think is acceptably drinkable floorbeer

note i'm thinking mostly of the more current-events-oriented threads, i don't venture much into the succ or turmp zones because they are alien and scary and who even leaves their bookmarks

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

tldr :justpost:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

except in this case we're yelling at the janitor for cleaning up what they think is vomit and we think is acceptably drinkable floorbeer

both lol and also :stonk:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

acceptably drinkable floorbeer

this is a problem I can solve!

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

both lol and also :stonk:

oh too good for floorbeer now? elitist corrupt mods..... .

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Giga Gaia posted:

I’m drinking high life (union made woo,) I’m pretty sure floorbeer is a step up.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

fosborb posted:

cumshitter shouldn't have had his buttons pulled for probating an entire thread of posters while blackout drunk

but on the other hand it wouldn't have been as funny if his buttons weren't pulled

i do not envy the mods for this dilemma

mad respect for cummo

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Giga Gaia posted:

I don’t drink beer at all because I am a big baby

edit: preemptively taking the wind out of the “hurr you have to be 21 to drink lk” post being written

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

corgski posted:

I’m drinking high life (union made woo,) I’m pretty sure floorbeer is a step up.

Pour the high life on the floor. Instant upgrade.

I like seeing mods participate too fwiw. I like when LK posts especially because they have great taste in video games apparently.

Lib and let die has issued a correction as of 21:49 on Sep 22, 2020