Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Fedule posted:

Some games get 10x as many sales, but everything about them gets forgotten the second you move on to another game, but every goddamn one of the mere 1 million people who played 13 Sentinels is going to remember it for the rest of their lives.

It's true, this game will live rent free in my head until the end of days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ace Transmuter posted:

It's true, this game will live rent free in my head until the end of days

It's so good. Except the part where I can't talk about it with anyone.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Jack Trades posted:

It's so good. Except the part where I can't talk about it with anyone.

My least favorite part is the part where I can't recommend it to most of my friends because they were never inoculated against anime cheesecake nonsense

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Eh, as someone who doesn’t enjoy that stuff the only part that felt really egregious and uncomfortable was at the very start during the intro when it shows a schoolgirl seemingly having to flash her thigh to summon a giant robot.

I immediately thought “oh no I’ve been conned into buying some gross anime bullshit this is gonna be painful” and then it never happened again for the entire wild ride the game took me on, so it was alright.

The whole ‘but they’re all naked in the robots’ thing is a total nothingburger unless you’re really scandalised by some bare shoulders and upper backs, I didn’t even notice it was a thing until the game pointed it out.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I feel like the only people who care that much about it are the people who do the handwringing about anime in general, Vanillaware’s artists are loud and proud about being horny sometimes but none of that shows in 13S with anyone under 18.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Well, as noted the girls almost all have their robot summoning marks in places that would normally be covered by clothes, while the guys just have it on their hands or whatever. So a little of it shows up.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm extremely allergic to the typical anime bullshit and I thought 13 Sentinels very very light on that.

There's no beach episode and you don't even kill a god using the power of friendship.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The start of a character's arc being that his mind is blown away by bloomer shorts is pretty anime.

And it's good.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Just got this with the sale going on, know nothing except it's good, is there anything I should be aware of in terms of missables or anything?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

derra posted:

Just got this with the sale going on, know nothing except it's good, is there anything I should be aware of in terms of missables or anything?
Nothing's missable, though it's possible you'll end up in a position where you can't unlock something you want immediately because you already spent your funds on something else. That's not a serious roadblock, mind, just pointing it out so you don't get stressed about what you "need" to do first. It's fine if you just play the game as you like.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

derra posted:

You can replay everything after beating the game and replay the RTS stuff as much as you want to clear side objectives, so nah.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

derra posted:

Please post your thoughts and theories here as you play. You’re in for a wild ride

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

thetoughestbean posted:

Please post your thoughts and theories here as you play. You’re in for a wild ride

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

derra posted:

Also worth knowing you get more than enough of the stuff unlocking currency I can’t remember the name of to unlock everything well before the end of the game so feel free to unlock whatever whenever you want.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

derra posted:

At one point you'll be asked to find a coin, it's not immediately obvious that you should check i think a birdhouse nearby. It's the only thing people (me) get stuck on. Other than that, go wild and post your thoughts!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
no, the hardest part of the game is feeding a cat

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Fedule posted:

no, the hardest part of the game is feeding a cat

Yeah it's this. I spent at least half an hour if not more, watching girls talking about boys and chow, trying to figure out the cat feeding.

Finding the coin is the second hardest.

magicalmako
Feb 13, 2005
Just finished marathoning the game over the week on the PS4. Holy poo poo, what a masterpiece.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

It's beautiful