Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Really liking the game so far. The combat is a lot better than I imagined it would be when I first read about it a long while ago. My one complaint is that everyone’s stories feel just a little too disjointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Does anyone know how many areas the RTS stuff has? I did as much as I could in the one after the prologue before I hit a locked stage and my completion percentage went up a sizable amount.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

marshmallow creep posted:

So my 9 year old is huge Odin Sphere fan. How does this game stack up on the kid friendly spectrum? Would he be able to play it? Does it lewd in a way an elementary student shouldn't be exposed to?

The majority of this game is an old school adventure game that veers pretty close to visual novel territory. Would that be something he would be interested in playing? The RTS side of the gameplay would be fine for him to play, but it is nothing like Odin Sphere.

Besides that I haven't encountered anything really lewd so far, but I'm only like 25% in.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Beat the game, it ruled. My favorite thing was that the whole game was like someone watched the 80's mecha anime Megazone 23 and thought that they could do it better.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ymgve posted:

Full game spoilers: So did I misunderstand, or was basically everything except the 2188 parts and the epilogue inside a giant VR training program? Lessens the impact of the whole plot when nothing was real at all.

If they messed up they still would all have been killed. That is why when the loop resets it goes back 16 years. That is the system growing new clone bodies. At least that was how I interpreted it. Also all the virtual people they knew would have been wiped out.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Something about the way Shu says Yuki-chan in the English dub makes me smile every time I hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

tamao was one of the original fifteen, but according to the mystery notes, sending the AI tamao through one of the loops caused a system error in Universal Control where it detected a "redundant" iteration of tamao and deleted her from that loop entirely. that's why juro's grandma tamao is perpetually "visiting relatives" while the younger versions of her are just androids with hers and 426's personalities.

I thought the WW2 version of her was real since Miura and Hajiyama seemed to know her all their lives. Wouldn’t deleting her from the loop be it not growing a new clone, which we know it did because she was there to be released from her pod?