Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

IceBorg posted:

Finished the game

Also big props to try keeping things all answered but my original question of Yuki, Ryouko and Ei not being shot by Megumi is a weird thing not to show since it's such a big thing not to show or even bring up at all

The game addresses this but in true 13 Sentinels fashion it's so out of order that you could be forgiven for missing it.

Ei (and Juro for that matter although he gets shot anyway) was already able to pilot Sentinels but was hosed up by DD-428; however, Okino does some surgery to Miura that basically lets him pilot Sentinels without suffering the effects of DD-428. In addition, this proliferates to anyone who comes in contact with him, which by endgame is pretty much everyone, so Ei ends up not needing to get shot. This is explicit in data files but not in-game scenes. This is also true for Ryoko, but with the additional wrinkle that by the end of her story her brain is so fried by DD-428 already that it doesn't matter if she got the shot or not.

Yuki specifically is injected with nanomachines off-screen by the 428-possessed Tamao android while it's posing as Erika Aiba; again, I'm pretty sure this is explicit in data files and only hinted at by Yuki after the 'android on the bridge' event (I think she says something along the lines of 'who knows that she was doing to me'. These nanomachines do the same thing as the 'magical gun' so Yuki didn't need to get shot either (hence why Fluffy doesn't send Megumi after her).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Regy Rusty posted:

That's his super power and it owns, smh at not appreciating it

Yeah, very weird to describe something that rules as a mark against the game.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Xarbala posted:

I love how, with 426, he's literally just trying to fix all this poo poo, his only problem is he's being an rear end in a top hat about it and every time you see him trying to do something right he's treated as a terrifying menace. I think even the scene of him gunning down the previous loop's kids gets a note in the Archives after you beat the game stating that his gun was set to Stun the entire time.

It's so smart how he's presented, he's trying to help but he doesn't have enough information to truly get everything done and he's thwarted at every turn by Ida, who also doesn't have the full picture but has much more selfish and destructive aims.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Gouto I think was admitted to have been shortchanged because of budget cuts, there's definitely a lot to dig into there but it is a great deal of exposition that just didn't get a chance to get dramatized.