Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

My bands album, by a wide margin. Wanna hear it? Too bad, we hated it so much we loving destroyed every copy. I'm absolutely not joking.

drat dude you should have saved one and auctioned it off to Shkreli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

dont name your albums after horrible ayn rand poo poo, even if you are in the hall of fame

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Chocolate factory by r kelly, obviously.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
From the "Cotton Eye Joe" people.

Big Beef City posted:

Every single eponymous album ever released

House of Pain hosed this up so badly on their first album (the one with "Jump Around" on it). It was a self-titled album (which is incredibly rare in hip hop to begin with) but their logo had the catchphrase "Fine Malt Lyrics" which everybody assumed was the album title. "Fine Malt Lyrics" would have been a great album name, but they hosed the whole thing up and now people refer to it as House of Pain - House of Pain (Fine Malt Lyrics).

Like how the hell did they expect people to NOT think that was the album's name?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Source Tags and Codes

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

One should not say such disparaging things about The Beatles.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Klavierstücke, Op. 76 | Rhapsodies, Op. 79 | Piano Sonata No. 3, Op. 5

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
Hmm..

Only registered members can see post attachments!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Chumbawumba, ‘The Boy Bands Have Won, and All The Copyists and The Tribute Bands and The TV Talent Show Producers Have Won, If We Allow Our Culture To Be Shaped By Mimicry, Whether From Lack Of Ideas Or From Exaggerated Respect. You Should Never Try To Freeze Culture. What You Can Do Is Recycle That Culture. Take Your Older Brother’s Hand-Me-Down Jacket and Re-Style It, Re-Fashion It to the Point Where It Becomes Your Own. But Don’t Just Regurgitate Creative History, Or Hold Art And Music And Literature As Fixed, Untouchable And Kept Under Glass. The People Who Try To ‘Guard’ Any Particular Form Of Music Are, Like The Copyists And Manufactured Bands, Doing It The Worst Disservice, Because The Only Thing That You Can Do To Music That Will Damage It Is Not Change It, Not Make It Your Own.

No, really, this might be worse than that fiona apple title.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
GY!BE's "f#a#∞" is a strong contender

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

fish and chips and dip posted:

Chumbawumba, ‘The Boy Bands Have Won, and All The Copyists and The Tribute Bands and The TV Talent Show Producers Have Won, If We Allow Our Culture To Be Shaped By Mimicry, Whether From Lack Of Ideas Or From Exaggerated Respect. You Should Never Try To Freeze Culture. What You Can Do Is Recycle That Culture. Take Your Older Brother’s Hand-Me-Down Jacket and Re-Style It, Re-Fashion It to the Point Where It Becomes Your Own. But Don’t Just Regurgitate Creative History, Or Hold Art And Music And Literature As Fixed, Untouchable And Kept Under Glass. The People Who Try To ‘Guard’ Any Particular Form Of Music Are, Like The Copyists And Manufactured Bands, Doing It The Worst Disservice, Because The Only Thing That You Can Do To Music That Will Damage It Is Not Change It, Not Make It Your Own.

No, really, this might be worse than that fiona apple title.

Yeah but it's true

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Cool kong cone cap.

lol

wikipedia posted:

The album title was suggested by Steven Tyler, who heard the phrase somewhere and the band found it funny. Perry also stated during a radio interview that "We just know that it's a phrase that sounds ... jazzish, nastyish, so it works for us."

wikipedia posted:

A harmonica keychain was included with the limited edition version.

wikipedia posted:

Stephen Thomas Erlewine of AllMusic...called the album a "surprise" in that, even though the album's artwork and title are bad, it marks a return to Aerosmith.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Matlack Radio posted:

Cool kong cone cap.

It's a snowman, which is their logo.

Snowgoons kick rear end btw

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Nirvana one with the baby. They should have arrested them for that

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Colonel Cancer posted:

ah well, nevermind

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

It made me think never mind was one word for a good 15 years after the album came out

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

However, he also released These Rappers Claim They Hard When Them F*gs Never Even Seen the Pen

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

This one's especially presidential because even after googling what the title is supposed to mean I still don't understand it

GYBE lyrics

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

This one's especially presidential because even after googling what the title is supposed to mean I still don't understand it

It's something he said when he was high. It's a non-sequitur. Also, he calls out 30 rappers in the song.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

House of Pain hosed this up so badly on their first album (the one with "Jump Around" on it). It was a self-titled album (which is incredibly rare in hip hop to begin with) but their logo had the catchphrase "Fine Malt Lyrics" which everybody assumed was the album title. "Fine Malt Lyrics" would have been a great album name, but they hosed the whole thing up and now people refer to it as House of Pain - House of Pain (Fine Malt Lyrics).

Like how the hell did they expect people to NOT think that was the album's name?

Reminder that Everlast started out as a bootleg Vanilla Ice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc2xI7d5bDw

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Reminder that Everlast started out as a bootleg Vanilla Ice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc2xI7d5bDw

lol yeah I love that video, he looks like Ewan McGegor

He kinda just got lucky meeting DJ Muggs, who has never produced a bad song.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
It’s probably one of those no limit records albums, they had the worst names and best cover art

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Do it ironically posted:

It’s probably one of those no limit records albums, they had the worst names and best cover art

oh man you're reminding me of that one terrible Snoop Dogg album on No Limit

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Do it ironically posted:

BET just did a documentary about No Limit Records that was pretty entertaining. P was a producer so of course it's biased (Mystikal is a rapist) but it's still worth watching.

No Limit released 28 of those Pen and Pixel cover art albums in one year. I remember reading The Source in high school and they had a two page spread ad with every single one of them.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Ad by Khad posted:

dont name your albums after horrible ayn rand poo poo, even if you are in the hall of fame

That wasn't named after anything.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Yeah, I mean Rush being into Ayn Rand stuff is not news, but I don't think the album or song is named after Ayn Rand poo poo, it's just the year they chose as the name.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

BET just did a documentary about No Limit Records that was pretty entertaining. P was a producer so of course it's biased (Mystikal is a rapist) but it's still worth watching.

No Limit released 28 of those Pen and Pixel cover art albums in one year. I remember reading The Source in high school and they had a two page spread ad with every single one of them.

I’ll check it out, I had a friend who was obsessed with master p and the no limit records albums, felt like there was a million of them

regular mike
Mar 29, 2010

beat me to it. Honkin' on Bobo. Just say it out loud to yourself, don't even gotta imagine a ghoulish Stephen Tyler caterwauling his way through tepid rock versions of blues songs to hate it

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Bloodhound Gang's Use Your Fingers album.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

It's something he said when he was high. It's a non-sequitur.

I've been high many, many, many times and I've never spouted bullshit that was THAT disconnected & random.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

So did autocorrect change “Y’all” to “You’ll” thus creating a legend or was it an intentional stroke of crackhead artistic genius? I’ve always wondered.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I assume it's the one with the Chasey Lain song on it

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

fat bossy gerbil posted:

So did autocorrect change “Y’all” to “You’ll” thus creating a legend or was it an intentional stroke of crackhead artistic genius? I’ve always wondered.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsDixnIZahU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Phlegmish posted:

I assume it's the one with the Chasey Lain song on it

No, that’s Hooray for Boobies

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

What in the gently caress is ummagumma

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

captainclaw posted:

Bloodhound Gang's Use Your Fingers album.

Unironically one of the most slept-on, forgotten, underrated albums of all time.

And I say this as a huge rap snob/nerd.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

What in the gently caress is ummagumma

Not much, you? :D