Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

What is a Monarchy?

A monarchy is a government that has fallen out of favor in recent history. Recent history has proven to suck major rear end. I don't think this is a coincidence! A monarchy itself is a government based around one dude or gal who runs the whole drat country with absolute power. What they say goes. This thread does not recognize the abhorrent affront to the Lord God that is :shrek: constitutional monarchies. :shrek: In an absolute government, since there's only one person who gets all the power - what they want and what the country wants is one and the same! Tired of not getting your way in a dumb democracy? Then just surrender your will to the monarch! So much more of life's frustrations become the guy in charges problem and your life gets to be about what you want to do (so long as you don't happen to go into the royal hunting grounds)!

But wait, how does one become the monarch?

That's the beautiful part - you are ordained by God, Allah, the spirits, or whatever deity you happen to worship! Your deity has chosen a family to rule over the land and have blessed them with the ability and power to do so! Tired of election fraud? Unhappy about losing elections to establishment toadies who only care about enriching themselves? Elections go against the will of the divine! As the divine has seen fit to bless our monarch with all the power! There will be no more need for elections thanks to our wonderful monarchs!

If only one family and person has power, then wouldn't that mean that the entirety of society is at the whims of someone who may not even be cut out for power?

Nonsense! The royal family is not only ordained by the divine, but are raised from birth with the understanding that they will one day rule the land! Allowing them to be given the best education and understanding needed to rule over their people justly! Compare this to your democracies where you routinely choose between the lesser of two evils and determining who will hurt you the least. In a monarchy, there are no choices! Because you already have the best choice possible!

Don't monarchies intermarry a lot and cause their children to become incredibly inbred and stupid?

I don't understand the question.

Wouldn't a government that is made of the people controlling the means of their production, better serve the interests of the people th-

Wow! That sounds like communism! An ideology so terrible it actually destroyed the last great monarchy in the western world! Prior to the advent of your so called liberal democracies, peasants were given up to half the year off as well as free medical care! Why would such an evil ideology do such a thing? Because a monarch cannot rule an unhappy peasantry! And the wise monarchs of the world knew that a happy peasantry is a productive peasantry that didn't try to rise up and foolish institute some kind of democracy! The Kings and Queens of olden days clearly knew the untold troubles we are now experiencing without their wise guidance!

Why would I want to be a monarchist and support never having power?

You already don't have power! And you likely never will! May as well make sure the liberals get what's coming to them!

Please post ITT in favor of monarchism and let others know which monarchs are your favorite! There's not too many these days, but thats no reason to dream about the good old days where monarchs ruled nearly every nation on earth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I much prefer Stalinism, thanks.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

we already have trump thread

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

no king but jesus

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

platzapS posted:

no king but jesus

we already have kanye thread

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

"When Adam delved and Eve span, who then was the gentleman? From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men."

--John Ball (c. 1338-1381, hanged drawn and quartered)

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I’m in favor of installing a monarch, because it will, corollarily, own the libs.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

platzapS posted:

"When Adam delved and Eve span, who then was the gentleman? From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men."

--John Ball (c. 1338-1381, hanged drawn and quartered)

Serfs you were and serfs you are; you shall remain in bondage, not such as you have hitherto been subject to, but incomparably viler. For so long as we live and rule by God’s grace over this kingdom we shall use our sense, our strength and our property so to teach you, that your slavery may be an example to posterity, and that those who live now and hereafter, who may be like you, may always have before their eyes and as it were in a glass, your misery and reasons for cursing you, and the fear of doing things like those which you have done.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

platzapS posted:

no king but jesus

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

good effort on the op tho

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Ok, fine, fine we can have a monarch. But they have to be referred to as Pharaohs, capeesh?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Reminder that WW1 was entirely the result of three of Queen Victoria's grandchildren squabbling and it killed 20 million people (and one of the grandchildren)

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I'm a Tolkien style anarchist, I want the king to come and protect me if there's orcs but otherwise I want to be left alone.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

platzapS posted:

no king but jesus

Until Jesus returns to rule over the sinners we must have our leaders be truly led by those with divine blood.

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I’m in favor of installing a monarch, because it will, corollarily, own the libs.

Here's a peasant that gets it! Monarchies think liberals are craven and disgusting! Wanting power solely in the hands of the plutocrats instead of in the divinely mandated royal family!

zegermans posted:

Reminder that WW1 was entirely the result of three of Queen Victoria's grandchildren squabbling and it killed 20 million people (and one of the grandchildren)

Reminder that WW2 was entirely the result of the liberal democracies refusing to recognize the threat of nazism. Which only came about because of the lack of kaiser! This killed 60 million people.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Grevling posted:

I'm a Tolkien style anarchist, I want the king to come and protect me if there's orcs but otherwise I want to be left alone.

the only legitimate monarchies are a) each monarch is randomly chosen and eats the brain of the previous monarch to become a gestalt incarnation of his people b) prescient sandworm

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
it's true that no aristocracy and royalty means it's difficult to get that classic guillotine flavor

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

op are you sure you want this man running the planet

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
sounds like this thread only supports late state degenerate absolute monarchy instead of the true, divine, thousand-year stability of the feudal monarchy.

you pleb. you ingrate. you absolute fool.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

do Mencius Goldbug-style Dark Enlightenment neoreactionary bloggers want the same kind of monarchs that throne-and-altar tradCath medieval LARPers do

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
:argh: Magna Carta

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Praise Gilgamesh!

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
kings are the mods of political systems and, therefore, bad

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

did anyone ever manage to pull that sword out of that stone, or is that still a thing

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Finicums Wake posted:

kings are the mods of political systems and, therefore, bad
Mods are a liberal tradition, created to instill a false sense of legality and justice into an inherently flawed system. This causes great moral anguish among those targeted, who must struggle with the question of whether they truly did something wrong or if they merely fell victim to one of these inherent flaws. In an autocratic system, there is certainty, the Sword of Damocles hanging over every poster, ready to fall for no reason at all. Coming to accept that punishment is neither just nor unjust, it simply is, the goon is freed of such questions - an endless wellspring of calm in uncertain times.

And as in the forums, so on Earth.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Mods are a liberal tradition, created to instill a false sense of legality and justice into an inherently flawed system. This causes great moral anguish among those targeted, who must struggle with the question of whether they truly did something wrong or if they merely fell victim to one of these inherent flaws. In an autocratic system, there is certainty, the Sword of Damocles hanging over every poster, ready to fall for no reason at all. Coming to accept that punishment is neither just nor unjust, it simply is, the goon is freed of such questions - an endless wellspring of calm in uncertain times.

And as in the forums, so on Earth.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

When I was growing up, one of our neighborhood families was ultra-Catholic, which was fascinating to me because I grew up with one parent being Hippy Jesus + Healing Crystals and the other a hardcore atheist, with no religious instruction except "figure it out yourself." They went to Mass several times a week, very strict rules about things like food you could eat on what day, etc. It was so different to how I lived, I couldn't wrap my head around it, but I respected their ability to live by a set of harsh rules.

Then at one point the dad of the family went to jail after he was involved in a plot to assassinate John Paul II, I think because of Vatican 2?

I think of that guy often when people advocate monarchism. Think of how poorly Americans react and behave when a supreme leader voluntarily affects only their spiritual life, now imagine how they'd react if that same ruler had absolute control over their actual, physical life. They have to ALL be imagining they'd be the king, right? Because they aren't good at all at listening to authority when authority tells them something they don't want to hear.

Anyway, one of his sons is now a tradcath, and probably a monarchist. IT'S THE CIRCLE, THE CIRCLE OF LIFEEEEEEEEEEE

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
you don't have to go back in time to stan for monarchies. they exist in the world right now. really boring, mostly. it's like living in disneyworld without the bar for the parents to sneak to when they want to get away from the kids in the evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE9VfNrH-xU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

When I was growing up, one of our neighborhood families was ultra-Catholic, which was fascinating to me because I grew up with one parent being Hippy Jesus + Healing Crystals and the other a hardcore atheist, with no religious instruction except "figure it out yourself." They went to Mass several times a week, very strict rules about things like food you could eat on what day, etc. It was so different to how I lived, I couldn't wrap my head around it, but I respected their ability to live by a set of harsh rules.

Then at one point the dad of the family went to jail after he was involved in a plot to assassinate John Paul II, I think because of Vatican 2?

wow that story took an unexpected turn

edit: this is basically if flanders got arrested for trying to murder the pope "hidilly ho neighborino, see you in hell poperino"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
like i'm saying... living in a monarchy is like living in the disney kidz fun zone around the clock. take a look at brunei.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO_zxJTHy5s

and i hate disney. give me looney tunes and written by FDR-supporting jewish comedy writers with names like mort over that fascist crap every time.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lmao

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
In a democracy with climate change I have to convince like tens if not hundreds of millions of people to vote and organize to get anything done.

In a monarchy I only have to convince one.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I live in a monarchy right now. :smug:

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

blatman posted:

edit: this is basically if flanders got arrested for trying to murder the pope "hidilly ho neighborino, see you in hell poperino"

Look, when you believe that Mass being said in Latin is literally the only thing stopping you and your family and all other Catholics from going to Hell, sometimes you gotta go hard.

Plus, I don't think they got farther then the "illegally buy guns (from a fed)" phase of the plan, and collecting guns with vague dreams of slaughtering your enemies is as American as apple pie, football and racism.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the Royal Dutch of Dukes was arrested for impersonating royalty

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

blatman posted:

everyone knows the guy who was either kgb or gladio took a shot at jp2 but a year later a radical trad (connected to a deeply spooked-up cult in latin america) bayoneted him because he thought the pope was a deep cover trotskyist.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Long live the Kqueng

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Grevling posted:

I live in a monarchy right now. :smug:

Fun!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I;m thinking about thos Royals

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

The Divine Right to Post: Stanning Monarchism in these Dark Times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

really queer Christmas posted:

Why would I want to be a monarchist and support never having power?

You already don't have power! And you likely never will! May as well make sure the liberals get what's coming to them!

You are the most powerful advocate monarchy has had in this century.