Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

man. monarchs are garbage

y’all have been trained to see their ostentatious pomp and accoutrement as the trappings of power and nobility, but let’s be wholly objective for a minute

they’re ridiculous as balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
I mean whats the difference between today's billionaires and yesterday's monarchs? There is like slight differences in the pomp and circumstance but they're identical in execution. Trump is a landed gentry with unearned generational wealth and completely deranged absolute authority wielding maniac. He even has golden loving toilets, that being said the ruling class in the past at least had some loving taste.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
i hope prince Jeb! one day rises to the throne

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Terminal autist posted:

I mean whats the difference between today's billionaires and yesterday's monarchs? There is like slight differences in the pomp and circumstance but they're identical in execution. Trump is a landed gentry with unearned generational wealth and completely deranged absolute authority wielding maniac. He even has golden loving toilets, that being said the ruling class in the past at least had some loving taste.

Uh, he wasn't ordained by God. This seems pretty self-explanatory.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Skyl3lazer posted:

Uh, he wasn't ordained by God. This seems pretty self-explanatory.

:hai:

The bourgeoisie are an affront to the divine order and mandates. Only a ruling class chosen by the gods should be acceptable, if we are to be as peasants regardless.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

really queer Christmas posted:

:hai:

The bourgeoisie are an affront to the divine order and mandates. Only a ruling class chosen by the gods should be acceptable, if we are to be as peasants regardless.

so essentially what you’re saying is "no ruling class ever"

i’m ok with that

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Trump was ordained by the true god of America though.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

a lot of people are being overly critical of elections in here. nobles in the polish Sejm and in bohemia elected their kings, and I think that's a fine expression of the will of god.

is someone going to say the Pope is bad because he is found through the papal conclave?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

a lot of people are being overly critical of elections in here. nobles in the polish Sejm and in bohemia elected their kings, and I think that's a fine expression of the will of god.
Tell me, what happened to those states? Where they rewarded for being true to God, or were other kingdoms judged more righteous?

Atrocious Joe posted:

is someone going to say the Pope is bad because he is found through the papal conclave?
The Papacy should be hereditary. We could've been up to like the 20th Borgia pope by now if the perfidious Italians hadn't rejected God in favor of petty nationalism, AKA liberalism.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Flowers For Algeria posted:

man. monarchs are garbage

y’all have been trained to see their ostentatious pomp and accoutrement as the trappings of power and nobility, but let’s be wholly objective for a minute

they’re ridiculous as balls

That's a point against modern political vestments. We need more funny hats! At least various dictators, even if not chosen by G-d, know and understand that fact.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
gently caress monarchs and gently caress you

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Colonel Cancer posted:

That's a point against modern political vestments. We need more funny hats! At least various dictators, even if not chosen by G-d, know and understand that fact.

my king wears jorts

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba
I've thought about this and i've come to the conclusion that if someone holds no titles of peerage nor is at least at the pretender level of inheritance, you do not have a position of authority to countermand democracy.

at that that point, we're no long having a debate. if we're no longer having a debate and we're not to the point of force we're in the realm of rhetoric.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Terminal autist posted:

You can petition the monarch for help with your personal problems like when people tweet at Trump begging for help but there's actually a small change it will work.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I've been thinking of becoming an indigenous monarchist where I advocate for America to be ruled by the heir(s) of native leaders recognized by the Europeans (before they killed them)

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Aglet56 posted:

gently caress monarchs and gently caress you

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/theophite/status/1311661718938906626

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Nah, miss me with that divine right poo poo. I'm a Bonapartist through-and-through

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Forget the Corsican, get the baker

https://twitter.com/bohemund0/status/1055515562816741377

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
I mean I'm not smart but a cursory google of that is a little bit of a yikes my dude. Also I don't want to catch a probe so I wont elaborate but rural catholics

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

How do people feel about constitutional monarchy? Acceptable compromise or disastrous subversion of the crown?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

A Russian troll farm posted:

Nah, miss me with that divine right poo poo. I'm a Bonapartist through-and-through

Bonapartists are the liberals of monarchies; you should be ashamed of yourself.

Atrocious Joe posted:

How do people feel about constitutional monarchy? Acceptable compromise or disastrous subversion of the crown?

🤮🤮🤮🤮

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

Coronavirus is proof that Trump has lost the mandate of heaven imo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

do we really want to be ruled by people who constantly say stuff like "hmmm, the seed is strong"? gently caress you

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Medievalists: "Game of Thrones was a mistake."

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

You mean crowned republics?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

His royal majesty To Be Announced, first of his name, would have sent 2k checks.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

In 1688 England the wealthiest 1% of the population owned 14% of the national income, whereas in 1980 they held 25% (Roy Porter, English Society in the Eighteenth Century, pg. 14). Makes you think...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Is the best part of the monarchy the palace harem or the constant court intrigues?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
So what is better thread: a strong monarchy and a weak aristocracy or a strong aristocracy with a weak monarchy? You can only pick one.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Ardennes posted:

So what is better thread: a strong monarchy and a weak aristocracy or a strong aristocracy with a weak monarchy? You can only pick one.

Strong monarchy for sure, roll them genetic dice baby lets see what happens

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

What are posters' opinions on Princess Latifa?
https://twitter.com/hrw/status/1236014270393040898?s=20

Is it appropriate for a monarch to imprison his daughter?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

CongoJack posted:

Strong monarchy for sure, roll them genetic dice baby lets see what happens

Wait aristocracies aren’t genetic? Is chairman Xi considered a monarch?

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 01:35 on May 11, 2021

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Ardennes posted:

Wait aristocracies aren’t genetic? Is chairman Xi considered a monarch?

They are, but like 10,000 aristocratic families will keep the status quo as best they can. King Doofus the XII might do something interesting

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

weak monarchies and strong aristocracys led to the united Kingdom. Strong Monarchies and weak aristocracies led to the french and russian revolution. I know which one I'm supporting.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

can we do anarcho monarchism, op?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

how strong of an aristocracy are we talking here. like Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth levels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
finally a thread for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEQVfIPoJyY