Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

paragon1 posted:

Sesshomaru is definitely the kind of guy who thinks leaving his kids alone in the woods for a couple decades to figure stuff out is good parenting.

Still a better father than Sasuke.

Maybe that's a dead horse....

Anyway, reminded of a couple good things I saved off r/Inuyasha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

NikkolasKing posted:

Still a better father than Sasuke.

Maybe that's a dead horse....

Anyway, reminded of a couple good things I saved off r/Inuyasha.

Sesshomaru is also likely a better husband than Sasuke.

gently caress, sachi (the animator who did the Sesshomaru/adult Rin fanart) did a piece where Inuyasha carries Moroha on his shoulders, showing that he's also a better father than Sasuke (and they haven't even met yet).

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So according to a program guide, it looks like the Sacred Tree's spirt is using Kikyo's appearance for some reason in episode 4.

https://www.ntv.co.jp/program/detail/?programid=20203541

I don't know how to feel about this. I know that the sequel is for fans of the original, and that naturally, Kikyo would be involved to an extent, but I hope they don't revive her

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 16, 2020

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Episode 3 Reaction: Holy poo poo Sesshomaru really did leave his kids in the wilderness to see if they'd survive. Did his wife die in childbirth, because I can't see her allowing that

Also I'm excited to see Moroha interact with her mother's family. And if the episode preview is anything to go by, it looks like we're about to find where Kagome has been. From the looks of it, she might be sealed in the Sacred Tree itself. I'm still wondering why the Tree spirit looks like Kikyo though.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nice episode this week, Moroha is definitely her father’s daughter (only slightly less abrasive) and they finally (somewhat) gave us an explanation on how the well worked (still doesn’t explain why only Inuyasha and Kagome could use it though). I’m also still wondering what the deal is with the three jewels the girls have in their eyes.

As for next week, bringing back Kikyo is an odd choice but we’ll see how it goes.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Larryb posted:

Nice episode this week, Moroha is definitely her father’s daughter (only slightly less abrasive) and they finally (somewhat) gave us an explanation on how the well worked (still doesn’t explain why only Inuyasha and Kagome could use it though). I’m also still wondering what the deal is with the three jewels the girls have in their eyes.

As for next week, bringing back Kikyo is an odd choice but we’ll see how it goes.

It's supposed to be the spirit of the tree taking her appearance. What I'm more interested in is the fact that in one of the shots, you can see what looks to be Kagome floating inside the tree

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Am I the only one that laughed at the tree demon slowly and pathetically trying to attack with a rock while everyone is ignoring it?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rudoku posted:

Am I the only one that laughed at the tree demon slowly and pathetically trying to attack with a rock while everyone is ignoring it?

Nah I liked that too (she’s just kind of impotently tapping Setsuna on the head while everyone just keeps casually talking)

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Willo567 posted:

Episode 3 Reaction: Holy poo poo Sesshomaru really did leave his kids in the wilderness to see if they'd survive. Did his wife die in childbirth, because I can't see her allowing that

I don't think that's actually true, remember that the Dream Butterfly ate all her memories, so maybe she just inferred that was the case from her situation.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Where the hell are Miroku and Sango

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Good episode, I like Moroha quite a bit. I like how she's inherited what I remember of Inuyasha's boisterousness but not really his surliness.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Good episode, I like Moroha quite a bit. I like how she's inherited what I remember of Inuyasha's boisterousness but not really his surliness.

Yeah, she’s essentially a female Inuyasha as far as personality goes but she’s also got just enough Kagome in her to balance it out.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So who do you think is sealed inside the tree in the episode preview? I think it's Kagome, but some think it's Rin

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

It looks more like Kikyou

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Fangz posted:

It looks more like Kikyou

There's Kikyo in one of the shots with another woman in one of those sleeping yukatas floating in(?) the Sacred Tree

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Watched all three episodes tonight because I think the girls have great designs. I like them a lot and will probably ride this out till the end.

I like Rin best as possible mom and at this point anyone else would feel like a pretty funny swerve

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I never really followed Inuyasha enough to get into it other than watching random episodes on the YTV anime block, but this one is pretty fun so far and has my interest. I like the red white and blue thing they've got going on with the character designs. Being only 24 episodes will probably also keep my attention more because I'm guessing the pacing will be a lot better. I still hope there's time for modern-day hijinks, since I always got a kick out of those episodes.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

It looks like Rin is in the Sacred Tree. I thought for sure it was Kagome based on her connection with it. https://twitter.com/hanyo_yashahime/status/1318748847695298560 :stare:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Willo567 posted:

It looks like Rin is in the Sacred Tree. I thought for sure it was Kagome based on her connection with it. https://twitter.com/hanyo_yashahime/status/1318748847695298560 :stare:

Guess we’re about to confirm who Towa and Setsuna’s mom is then (or maybe not since they lost their memories).

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Ahaha the first pic in that tweet.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Argue posted:

Like mother like daughter

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Argue posted:

Lol

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Okay, I'm calling it now, I reckon Towa and Setsuna are from the future relative to the "Feudal" timeline, so the Rin we see this episode is a Rin *before* she gave birth to them, and Sesshomaru is working with Kirinmaru to try to change this past somehow.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Fangz posted:

Okay, I'm calling it now, I reckon Towa and Setsuna are from the future relative to the "Feudal" timeline, so the Rin we see this episode is a Rin *before* she gave birth to them, and Sesshomaru is working with Kirinmaru to try to change this past somehow.

Haven’t watched the new episode yet but does it confirm that Rin is in fact their mom?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Larryb posted:

Haven’t watched the new episode yet but does it confirm that Rin is in fact their mom?

No, but the implication seems pretty strong and what is happening between Rin and Sesshoumaru seems at the crux of the overall plot.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Moroha is the loving best, that is all.

Good episode this week, it seems like things are starting to get rolling now. I’m still curious what the deal is with that little Shippo esque demon from the OP though but it looks like we’ll find out next week.

Next Time: Miroku returns (gotta give the new VA something to do after all), also Myoga

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 24, 2020

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Larryb posted:

Good episode this week, it seems like things are starting to get rolling now. I’m still curious what the deal is with that little Shippo esque demon from the OP though but it looks like we’ll find out next week.

I assumed, based purely on the post-opening eyecatch, that the Raccoon demon will basically be replacing Shippo as comic relief sidekick. I'm more interested in what's up with the Higurashi's cat being there personally.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Moroha is the best. Especially when she's teasing Setsuna.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sindai posted:

Moroha is the best. Especially when she's teasing Setsuna.

I mean, I liked her basically the second she opened her mouth but after this episode I’m pretty sure she’s my favorite character now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Moroha is Inuyasha without the angst. I love her.

Gotta admit, that scene with Towa and Sota got to me a bit

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So why didn't Sota tell Moroha about Inuyasha and Kagome? He could have invited her while he was looking at the photo album?

Also, I liked the episode, but I wish we could have spent a little more time with them in the present.

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 24, 2020

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Willo567 posted:

So why didn't Sota tell Moroha about Inuyasha and Kagome? He could have invited her while he was looking at the photo album?

Also, I liked the episode, but I wish we could have spent a little more time with them in the present.

I get the sense we haven't seen the last of the present. The tree flat out said that whatever Kirinmaru is doing is related to time, and that Time Travel will be necessary to stop him. I may be jumping ahead but I also wonder if the "degenerate age" it mentions is the present, and that the series might bother dealing with that particular chunk of setting. So far the show has been really excited to engage with the story's setting in a way the original didn't really do, so I say keep an eye on that.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So question for the thread - I've noticed some complaints online that the story in Yashahime is confusing for some people, but at least for me, it isn't really confusing. Plus, I think that keeping things vague for now keeps me hooked and speculative as to what will happen next. I think the issue for me at least is that the pacing is a little too fast. What do you all think?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm unexcited about the story but i like the characters

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm unexcited about the story but i like the characters

I really like the main trio, but I also kind of want to know what happened to the old cast, which is an additional hook for me as well.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Willo567 posted:

I really like the main trio, but I also kind of want to know what happened to the old cast, which is an additional hook for me as well.

Well we just saw Sesshomaru and Rin in this episode and next time it looks like we'll be reuniting with Miroku and Myoga so I'm guessing the old characters will be gradually filtered back in as things progress.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Moroha rules so much. I love how after only a few days in the modern world she's already committing credit card fraud.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I was pretty happy with this trpg party of a main trio bofore this week but I am now 100% here for Moroha’s manic munchkin-goblin antics.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 25, 2020

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

There is definitely a portable battery in Moroha's enormous pack so the eyecatch at the beginning of the show where they charge it with a bicycle is canon. Timeline contamination? Whatever man, just say it's magic or something, who cares.

I'm going to laugh so hard if that ends up being the source of whatever time travel mess the tree was alluding to. It would tie in with the very first scene with Towa's textbook, come to think of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I don't doubut Sesshoumaru being a dickwad that'd let his kids wonder off unpromted but that comment about "the degenerate age" kinda hs me convinced that the tree is at it.