Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Larryb posted:

Ah that’s right. I forget, did Ranma just kind of stop at some point like the original Inuyasha did or did it go the way of Soul Eater and the first FMA anime where it abandoned the manga entirely and wrote its own ending?

I mean, pretty much the second season completely dropped the manga's structure in favour of more or less being a creature(martial arts) of the week show. and like, the worst thing about the ending is...it...just ends. ranma get's semi-reunited with his mom, saves her as boy ranma, but she passes out and in typical comedy fashion it rains turning him back into a girl before nodoka comes to.

no phoenix king, no failed wedding cuz nibiki sells the other fiancee's wedding invites just...this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAIRVGZZRjI

-edit

They also never do the amazon's rival tribe of all men who's...ancestors had kids with animals they forced into the pool of drowned girl. I remember telling my aunts and uncles that i liked this show and one of them managed to find me a few volumes of american style floppy comics with like...the middle of that manga saga.

Renzuko fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Willo567 posted:

By the way, is it just me, or are Ranma and Akane the most unhappy Takahashi couple?

I feel like that was moreso an anime thing? where its mostly just shown him being jealous and calling her his fiancée in an early ep?

in the manga, with the phoenix king, Ranma ultimately confesses his love for her when he thinks she killed herself by throwing her...doll body. into a stream of boiling water so he can hiryu-shoten-ha. the failed wedding was a willing one.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Good thing mermaid saga is getting re-released sometime this year! viz has been really really big on re-releasing their old rumiko takahashi works. urusei yatsura is ongoing, maison ikkoku just started. and i think mermaid saga is getting 2 big omnibuses...omnibi?