Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I only caught a few of the recent episodes, but it's nice to see a bad guy who isn't the complete rear end in a top hat that Naraku was. He still seems pretty rear end in a top hat-y, but he mostly just seems like he's gone full Vegeta, and I like that even if his evil plan were to go just the way he wants it to he'd still ultimately be doing a good thing for the world, which is far more nuance than we typically see from an anime bad guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

If nothing else, we're guaranteed to see our heroes go to the future to stop the big-rear end comet that's going to wipe out humanity. That has big "our heroes all team up and hit all their attacks at it to save the day" energy to me. Maybe future "I grew from an arm!" Kirin is more chill from having spent time undercover and not fighting all the time and joins in on that team-up attack as well. It'd be an interesting move if Kirinmaru gets full on killed, then they go to the future and Mr. Kirin is actually pretty chill about that, at least after they probably beat him up a bit too because I want to see a proper Inuyasha/Yashahime style fight in the modern world. I think OG Inuyasha did that a little bit, but lets see some buildings topple and some windows shatter (with no fear of hurting people because people evacuated because OMG a comet is coming to kill everyone!).

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

It's weird to me for Yashahime to get about 50-60 episodes or whatever total when I remember Inuyasha felt like it was running forever with heaps of episodes on CN or Adult Swim back in the day.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Rudoku posted:

Times changed. The only forever anime left are relics like One Piece and Detective Conan.

It makes sense I suppose. I bet the old big deal shonen stuff like Naruto and Bleach would have been so much prettier if they popped out 22 episodes a season with zero filler involved (I'm looking forward to the upcoming Bleach final arc for that reason, since I bet they'll be able to put in enough time to create some kickass fights at least). I have to imagine that the relics are doing such huge business that running weekly episodes is absolutely the most profitable way to handle it though.