Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Huh episode 1 was mostly the manga epilogue with some original anime bits in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

I'm liking the manga more than the anime so I'll probably just follow that instead of the anime.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Larryb posted:

Wait, there’s a Yashahime manga (or were you talking about the original Inuyasha one)? The anime has sort of a rough start but it gets better later on in my opinion (and particularly during the currently running second season).

Anyway, decent episode this week (though the Towa issue from last time was resolved pretty quickly). It was nice seeing Inuyasha and Kagome back in action again as well and it looks like the old gang is getting back together again.

Seems our main trio is headed back to the modern age again soon as well so that’ll be nice (we’ve apparently still got about 7 episodes left though).

Come to think of it, I don’t believe we’ve ever really had a big battle in the present day before (even counting the filler/movies in the first Inuyasha anime).

There's a Yashahime manga that's adapting the anime's plot and I'm liking it a lot more than the anime. Official English release is apparently this summer but the Japanese release is up to 5 chapters so far (they're also chonky at around ~60 pages and are serialized on a monthly basis).

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Larryb posted:

Interesting, know if anyone’s fan translated it yet at least (also is Rumiko Takahashi drawing it)?

And how exactly is the manga different from the anime? Is it just less filler heavy or are there some more significant differences?

The fan scanlation is current with the Japanese release with the scanlation coming out days after the Japanese version comes out. The manga is being made by Takashi Shiina and not Rumiko.

Main difference between the manga and anime is that it doesn't rehash the Inuyasha manga chapters, the background of the main trio is changed (for the better imo) and recontextualizes their interaction with the cast and setting, and the Inuyasha cast are involved but not in a manner that would overshadow the trio's efforts so far.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Larryb posted:

How were/are her post Inuyasha manga in that regard then? Has she gotten any better at telling a concise story?

I liked MAO so far and it's worth a try for someone who liked Inuyasha.