Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I never really followed Inuyasha enough to get into it other than watching random episodes on the YTV anime block, but this one is pretty fun so far and has my interest. I like the red white and blue thing they've got going on with the character designs. Being only 24 episodes will probably also keep my attention more because I'm guessing the pacing will be a lot better. I still hope there's time for modern-day hijinks, since I always got a kick out of those episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Moroha rules so much. I love how after only a few days in the modern world she's already committing credit card fraud.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

There is definitely a portable battery in Moroha's enormous pack so the eyecatch at the beginning of the show where they charge it with a bicycle is canon. Timeline contamination? Whatever man, just say it's magic or something, who cares.

I'm going to laugh so hard if that ends up being the source of whatever time travel mess the tree was alluding to. It would tie in with the very first scene with Towa's textbook, come to think of it.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Rewatching the episode i just noticed that Towa's homeroom teacher has a name suspiciously similar to Kirinmaru, which would also explain why the show keeps focusing on him other than being an alright guy. I'm interested in seeing where they go with that, since that probably means we're gonna see more modern-day stuff and lends more credence to today being the "degenerate age" the tree was talking about.

Edit: Oh dang, right after he gets her to read from her English textbook she thinks about how it won't be useful in the Sengoku era. I'm calling it, Kirinmaru starts speaking with Towa in English at some point.

Willo567 posted:

So question for the thread - I've noticed some complaints online that the story in Yashahime is confusing for some people, but at least for me, it isn't really confusing. Plus, I think that keeping things vague for now keeps me hooked and speculative as to what will happen next. I think the issue for me at least is that the pacing is a little too fast. What do you all think?

It seems pretty straightforward to me, although I only have incidental knowledge of Inuyasha stuff.

Coxswain Balls fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 25, 2020

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I wanna know what Moroha put on that iPod she brought back with her.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I was thinking about the apple seeds being a problem, and it was neat that Towa was thinking the same thing. But if that guy ate the apple core his next poop will potentially alter history!

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Sure are what? If you're gonna say something about people just say it.

I'm still enjoying it but the plot seems like it's going to have to pick up soon without the pacing feeling rushed if it's really only ~24 episodes.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

They were probably getting Moroha out of the picture to so that it would just be the sibling pairs together for story reasons. Doing it by bullying her was just the funniest way of separating her from the group, the way she's all "gimme a sec, I forgot something!" and they couldn't even wait five seconds as she bounced out of frame was great. The way they just cheesed it out of there after trashing that poor family's house was also pretty good.

Moroha never getting her bounties is just karma balancing itself after helping herself to thousands of dollars on her uncle's credit card.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Setsuna's ice cold, leaving her sister hanging like that.

I hope this gets another season because the main characters are fun enough that while I want the plot to progress, the filler eps are still enjoyable.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I just want an episode where they're just hanging out in the present and Moroha gets to eat delicious crepes. If plain pancakes blew her mind like that, could you even imagine how she would react if they went to a cafe?

Sure put some demon stuff or something in there like during the school festival in the original I guess. It'd be funny if it turns out that Sesshomaru and Kirinmaru are just tired of all this demon bullshit and want to flip the table and be done with it. Kirinmaru is now an English teacher at a private school and Sesshomaru runs, I dunno, a pension in the countryside or something.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I hope she's better at handling her curry than her dad. I bet what he was eating wasn't even the spicy stuff, he just couldn't handle flavours that weren't "charred over a fire".

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

See my spoiler. I'm still trying to figure out what job would be the best fit should that end up being the case, as well as what would be the most entertaining. The answer to both would be math teacher who is also a sports club advisor at the same school Kirinmaru teaches at.

Edit: Maybe also a history teacher

Coxswain Balls fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 12, 2020

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Snowman Moroha was great.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I don't get that feeling at all.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Whimsicalfuckery posted:

That said I'm still enjoying it for what it is but I went in with 0 expectations so eh.

Same. There wasn't much catching my attention last season so I checked it out and the first couple of episodes got me interested enough to start following it. It's not a very good show all around but I like the three mains enough to want to see where it goes. I was never really an Inuyasha fan so maybe that's why I'm not as disappointed in it as some of you guys are, but I get where you're coming from.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

At this point I'm just watching to find out how Kirinmaru ended up as a dorky teacher at a Catholic girls' school, and if anyone else from the Sengoku period is also around now. I'm hoping for some modern day comedy filler episodes is what I'm saying.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I'm so happy that Moroha finally got herself a big ol' head.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

There's an interesting story in there somewhere but this show is just so bad at telling it. At least we finally got a glimpse into what's going on in the present while the girls are away.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Next week is the finale apparently. This week was also decent enough but it felt like a ton of plot exposition crammed into one episode right before the finish line.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

The next episode preview seemed pretty clear about it.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

It honestly felt like the same story could have been told better in less episodes with more competent writers. The pacing for the entire show was a mess, and I kinda feel bad for people who are actual Inuyasha fans.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Gimme some Reiwa era hijinks please

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I liked the part where they went to outer space and fought on the moon then destroyed the moon.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Have there been any episodes yet where they're tooling around in the present? Much like original Inuyasha I find those are the most entertaining ones.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

All those screenshots are of a really fun show I would gladly watch that we will probably never get.

Those last pictures are making me want to start up the second season though instead of waiting for modern day Sesshoumaru to finally make an appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Has burger Moroha made an appearance in the show yet, I'm probably gonna start watching it and I want to set my expectations so as to not be disappointed.