Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sniep posted:

i'll be honest I didn't think that maga woo woos would actually have the conviction to do anything sacrificial to themselves on that level

well there are 300 million of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
someone just self-immolated outside the courthouse

e: 100% serious, someone literally set themselves on fire outside the trum trial

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
Watch the self immolation be a pro-Palestine protest due simply to the media coverage / attention in the area, which will get completely disregarded as the cause because the media won't cover pro-palestine content, and instead rewritten as a Pro Trump protest

Sniep fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 19, 2024

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Beeftweeter posted:

someone just self-immolated outside the courthouse

e: 100% serious, someone literally set themselves on fire outside the trum trial

yeah tori and i posted about it on the last page. cnn reporter was live when it happened and there's video of the whole thing. dude apparently threw out some pamphlets before lighting up. no word yet on motive.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Sniep posted:

Watch the self immolation be a pro-Palestine protest due simply to the media coverage / attention in the area, which will get completely disregarded as the cause because the media won't cover prop Palestine content, and instead rewritten as a Pro Trump protest

yeah idk what they did it for or if the media is even reporting that, i just saw a couple notifications in quick succession lol. i have an absolutely insane schedule today so i haven't had a chance to read about it yet, but considering it just happened a few minutes ago i wouldn't expect there to be many details yet anyway

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Mr. Nice! posted:

yeah tori and i posted about it on the last page. cnn reporter was live when it happened and there's video of the whole thing. dude apparently threw out some pamphlets before lighting up. no word yet on motive.

ah sorry i haven't even had a chance to catch up on the thread either (see above) lol

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
e:quote not edit

Sniep fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 19, 2024

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

looks like a run of the mill nutter. he had a substack and posted an article right before he did it to explain his motivation.

https://theponzipapers.substack.com/p/i-have-set-myself-on-fire-outside

the tl;dr: the one world government ponzi scheme is going to collapse soon and our necks will all be under the boot of the new one world government.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
so just the usual internet psychosis and not trump-related psychosis, that's a relief

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

so just the usual internet psychosis and not trump-related psychosis, that's a relief

such a silly world we live in that this is a true statement.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
well at least i was half right - it wasn't a maga woo woo - to self sacrifice would contradict their nature of "me first memememe"

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Remember the maga guy in Cincinnati who thought a nail gun could break bulletproof glass and attacked an FBI building there? He was hiding in a cornfield and actively posting when the cops shot him. That's dedication.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Mr. Nice! posted:

looks like a run of the mill nutter. he had a substack and posted an article right before he did it to explain his motivation.

the tl;dr: the one world government ponzi scheme is going to collapse soon and our necks will all be under the boot of the new one world government.

Mr. Nice! posted:

such a silly world we live in that this is a true statement.

this just about covers it lol

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
My dad was rear end deep into all this weird conspiracy poo poo when I was a kid, pre-internet, but back then it was more like a hobby for those guys. Definitely not something you'd light yourself on fire over. You'd just call Art Bell instead.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

the dude’s worldview about the futility of fighting systemic corruption was informed by The Simpsons, and, hell, same

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://twitter.com/RentACenter/status/1780521835102077381

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this could also go in the horrible AI thread

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

gross

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
maybe they should rent some actual fuckin artists instead of that poo poo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
welp

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mr. Nice! posted:

he's right about some things tbh

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

My dad was rear end deep into all this weird conspiracy poo poo when I was a kid, pre-internet, but back then it was more like a hobby for those guys. Definitely not something you'd light yourself on fire over. You'd just call Art Bell instead.

conspiracy stuff was kind of fun when you just got little bits of it here an there, and it was stuff like weird people hanging out by area 51 waiting to see a ufo, postulating the purpose of weird shortwave stations, or "aliens walk among us and the hale bopp comet is actually an extraterrestrial ship sent to colonize the earth :tinfoil:"

now it's not only everywhere, all the time, but it's the most banal poo poo imaginable, like politicians having secret child sex dungeons under pizza shops. hearing conspiracy bullshit now just makes my eyes instantly glaze over and my brain start internally screaming "OH MY GOD SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT THE gently caress UP, I DO NOT loving CARE!!!!"

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 19, 2024

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the one where people found expensive furniture on wayfair and decided it just had to contain trafficked children was quite a ride

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the onion is the best.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

The_Franz posted:

hearing conspiracy bullshit now just makes my eyes instantly glaze over and my brain start internally screaming "OH MY GOD SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT THE gently caress UP, I DO NOT loving CARE!!!!"

yep

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

https://fortune.com/2024/04/18/jamie-dimon-pressure-good-job-for-country-family-first/

quote:

Jamie Dimon says he feels tremendous pressure to guard over the economy and make society better

Dimon is, after all, a self-professed “patriotic” CEO who has often advocated the benefits of America’s leadership and principles on a global stage—and said he sees it as part of his role to improve the lives of U.S. citizens.

i hope this makes every american citizen feel better

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

*lays off 10% of staff*

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

The_Franz posted:

conspiracy stuff was kind of fun when you just got little bits of it here an there, and it was stuff like weird people hanging out by area 51 waiting to see a ufo, postulating the purpose of weird shortwave stations, or "aliens walk among us and the hale bopp comet is actually an extraterrestrial ship sent to colonize the earth :tinfoil:"

now it's not only everywhere, all the time, but it's the most banal poo poo imaginable, like politicians having secret child sex dungeons under pizza shops. hearing conspiracy bullshit now just makes my eyes instantly glaze over and my brain start internally screaming "OH MY GOD SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT THE gently caress UP, I DO NOT loving CARE!!!!"

Agreed, it’s a big reason I don’t see how the king of the hill reboot would work, dale was fun in the 90s but would be insufferable now

(Plus the voice actor died last year :( )

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

ADINSX posted:

Agreed, it’s a big reason I don’t see how the king of the hill reboot would work, dale was fun in the 90s but would be insufferable now

(Plus the voice actor died last year :( )

this is the same reason why john goodman’s character in the big lebowski doesn’t hold up for me lol

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
new Beavis and Butthead is good as hell btw

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Daria needs a reboot

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Daria needs a rewatch

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

reboot was ok

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

reboot was ok

My main problem, as I’ve complained about before, is the user is playing a new game ever episode and the characters live their lives like nanoseconds are regular seconds. This guys playing a new game every few milliseconds

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

he's just that good. the original speed runner

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
remember that really bad speed racer movie with the guy from lost lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos: