Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

UT students will be charged for "obstructing a highway" which seems farcical just in the very nature of that happening in Texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/phil_so_silly/status/1783257162682106304?s=46&t=aXw7W5TiwDaOVtqp-9FOLA

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

https://twitter.com/mxmimosa/status/1783201990278869414

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Video Nasty posted:

UT students will be charged for "obstructing a highway" which seems farcical just in the very nature of that happening in Texas.

it looks like all the bigwigs are calling the student protests "antisemitic." i am just a simple yokel from the sticks, but aren't they more "anti-Israeli government"?

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Roosevelt posted:

it looks like all the bigwigs are calling the student protests "antisemitic." i am just a simple yokel from the sticks, but aren't they more "anti-Israeli government"?

it's really antisemitic of you to suggest those can be two different things, frankly i'm shocked

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Roosevelt posted:

my fiancee knows some of the columbia organizers

they're all jewish

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Roosevelt posted:

yes, in fact conflating the two (that jews must support israel and its government) is actually antisemitic and is a source of extreme annoyance personally

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

seems extremely anti-semitic to me to suggest that the jewish faith is inseparable from a murderous apartheid regime

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Roosevelt posted:

correct. they are taking the well worn all Jews are zionists, so if you don’t support a Zionist, you are anti-Semitic tack. of course many Jews are not zionists, and that’s when they pretzel themselves into long, interminable lectures about how they aren’t really Jews, are self hating Jews, etc.

anything to move away from the trivial fact that Israel is committing genocide. but the core of their response has been to conflate hating Israel’s actions (and terrible genocidal spokespeople) with hating Jews.

they’ve been in charge for so long that they honestly don’t seem to understand that only politicians and insane zionists are on their side. literally everybody else is saying the emperor has no clothes; that this is assuredly ethnic cleansing and they have no response to that other than to shriek about Jew hating, because they haven’t honestly been challenged in like 50 years

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

raminasi posted:

my fiancee knows some of the columbia organizers

they're all jewish

sounds to me like they aren't Real Jews

Apr 7, 2003

I have no interest in political activity anymore. call me a quitter if you'd like. This game was decided a long time ago and only the worst possible people can win.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I have no interest in political activity anymore. call me a quitter if you'd like. This game was decided a long time ago and only the worst possible people can win.

i haven't actually even been able to follow trump's trials, i know how they're going to play out and it's going to be the same bullshit, i'm not hopeful in scotus delivering the right rulings either. just ignoring all that poo poo and checking a summary blurb once every few days i've been a lot happier lately, maybe ignorance really is bliss

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

i haven't actually even been able to follow trump's trials, i know how they're going to play out and it's going to be the same bullshit, i'm not hopeful in scotus delivering the right rulings either. just ignoring all that poo poo and checking a summary blurb once every few days i've been a lot happier lately, maybe ignorance really is bliss

there's plenty of good news and nice things happening outside of the western world, beefy. you can cheer up if you just branch out

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

this is where I’ve landed, though I’m not happy about it. I would invest in an actual competition of ideas or policy or whatever but it appears the war was decided in the 80s and what’s left is a farce. until a real crisis, of course, and no one can predict those

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

dioxazine posted:

there's plenty of good news and nice things happening outside of the western world, beefy. you can cheer up if you just branch out

i keep telling you, i'm not a tree :argh:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

did you quit meat or just pork?

Apr 7, 2003

dioxazine posted:

I am 100% convinced that the current sclerotic leadership of America will nuke everything on the way out. MAGA is basically a "burn it all down if we can't take it with us" movement and the Dems are just as bad.

Apr 7, 2003

Video Nasty posted:

did you quit meat or just pork?

We don't cook meat at home more than once or twice a year and haven't done more than that for years. I sometimes sneak out for a meat treat but I do that less and less as time goes on. I just don't really enjoy meat anymore. We made a turkey breast last Thanksgiving and the entire process of stripping meat off the carcass was just distasteful to me.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

We don't cook meat at home more than once or twice a year and haven't done more than that for years. I sometimes sneak out for a meat treat but I do that less and less as time goes on. I just don't really enjoy meat anymore. We made a turkey breast last Thanksgiving and the entire process of stripping meat off the carcass was just distasteful to me.

that’s real good and I am happy for you! I tried going vegetarian for a girl I fancied and it only lasted 6mo but that was 20yrs ago and I can imagine a lot of good cuisine has come out from the movement being more acceptable now.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

remember when this was supposed to be a government of the people, by the people, for the people

no i dont, sorry. when was that

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I don't remember either

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
for every animal you don't eat, i'm gonna eat the same amount of meat that i would have otherwise. how does that make you feel, huh, punk?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

DELETE CASCADE posted:

for every animal you don't eat, i'm gonna eat the same amount of meat that i would have otherwise. how does that make you feel, huh, punk?

indifferent, honestly

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

DELETE CASCADE posted:

gently caress you rear end in a top hat

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Donald Trump has worked very hard to earn our complicity, and we owe it to him

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Roosevelt posted:

gently caress you rear end in a top hat

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Video Nasty posted:

that’s real good and I am happy for you! I tried going vegetarian for a girl I fancied and it only lasted 6mo but that was 20yrs ago and I can imagine a lot of good cuisine has come out from the movement being more acceptable now.

that and people figured out that there’s a shitload of incredible cuisines with heaps of vegetarian and even vegan dishes. Indian, Chinese, Japanese to a certain degree, and Thai all have lots of options

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

I sometimes sneak out for a meat treat

you said we wouldn’t reveal the code name for our late night meetups for others, tori

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Enderzero posted:

it appears the war was decided in the 80s and what’s left is a farce. until a real crisis, of course
good news, we got multiple real crises now and it's still a farce

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

no solutions in sight for them either, since the loathed american political class is blithely careening into them with glee

speaking of which, this coincides with blinken's visit to shanghai for talks

https://www.wsj.com/politics/national-security/u-s-takes-aim-at-chinese-banks-aiding-russia-war-effort-fcf76dcc?mod=hp_lead_pos1

quote:

U.S. Takes Aim at Chinese Banks Aiding Russia War Effort

Washington says Beijing’s dual-use trade has helped Moscow rebuild its war machine

The U.S. is drafting sanctions that threaten to cut some Chinese banks off from the global financial system, arming Washington’s top envoy with diplomatic leverage that officials hope will stop Beijing’s commercial support of Russia’s military production, according to people familiar with the matter.

i personally don't feel like UGS has any leverage over PRC, if anything it seems rather hypocritical given the direct military support for genocide on america's part

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

well-read undead posted:

aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?

lol

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lol, they're probably gonna hand some sort of immunity to Trump. You basically have to hope Barret says no since she is the only one of the hard right-wingers that distinctly seems to think the immunity argument is stupid.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Fabricated posted:

lol, they're probably gonna hand some sort of immunity to Trump. You basically have to hope Barret says no since she is the only one of the hard right-wingers that distinctly seems to think the immunity argument is stupid.

it’s so funny lol

Apr 7, 2003

I don’t think that they’d have granted cert if they didn’t have enough justices to grant him immunity, so it’s a foregone conclusion.

Reminder that presidential immunity is just something they conjured up post Nixon. There’s nothing in the law, constitution, or the founders writings about it. Just make poo poo up, it’s fine.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think it's gonna be some really loving annoying, Solomon style splitting of the baby rule that isn't blanket immunity but instead some shade of it specifically designed to kick it back to lower courts and delay the effected trial into like 2025 or something

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
wild how this stuff can get spun up so fast ! 🧵

https://x.com/LaraFriedmanDC/status/1783129420598837506

Apr 7, 2003

This argument that impeachment is the only way that the president can be held accountable and also the president can just order the military to execute the entire Senate with impunity is very funny

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

I don’t think that they’d have granted cert if they didn’t have enough justices to grant him immunity, so it’s a foregone conclusion.

in a normal world they may have just to say "lol no this is the stupidest poo poo we've ever heard and boy howdy have we heard a lot of stupid poo poo" but, well,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the president can just order the military to execute the entire Senate

I mean,