Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peej
Apr 10, 2009
What kind of bench seat is that - a cub / passport replacement from eBay? How did it fit?

I ordered one to replace the rock-hard Carter brothers bench but didn't have a chance to install it before the bike was stolen. One day I'll have another Symba and will put it to use...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peej
Apr 10, 2009

Phone posted:

The seat is a Cub/Passport seat.

Someone did a one off group buy for the extended luggage rack for the Symba because the stock seat ensures that you’re riding on a piece of metal tubing or your knees are fully tucked in under the leg guard.

I have some high density foam double-sided taped to the bottom of the Honda seat so that it isn’t scraping along the top of the gas tank.

Are those extended racks still available anywhere?

peej
Apr 10, 2009
Thanks, will keep an eye out. Just picked up this Symba for $700. Pretty great price and a good bike for my wife to learn on. Battery was dead but kickstarted right up.

peej fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 24, 2020

peej
Apr 10, 2009
So far so good. Changed the oil and cleaned it up this weekend. Starts and idles fine but putters a bit when giving throttle so will take a look at the carb. Also want to take a look at the chain.

I reached out to the OP in the Sym rack thread who was kind enough to give me the contact info for rack supplier in Taiwan. Will see if they have a rack lying around that they'd be willing to ship...