Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kvlt! posted:

why is 7 so high. That's the worst one!

I really like the Jason design and there's some really cool kills, even though they're cut down to poo poo in editing. Plus Carrie's in it!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

def coolest zombie jason i wanna see a whole movie with just maskless oart 7 jason

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I recently rewatched part 8 and I love how goopy Jason is in that. Just stays constantly wet through the whole movie.

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

2 is best for what it did for the burlap industry but I haven’t seen the reboot which may feature even more burlap for all I know

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hollismason posted:

I recently rewatched part 8 and I love how goopy Jason is in that. Just stays constantly wet through the whole movie.

Kane Hodder will complain to anyone who will listen about that. They'd goop him down before every single scene and they shot it in winter, he was freezing the entire time.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
2 is objectively the best. I like 6 more, but 2 approaches Halloween level. It's really one of the greatest slashers ever made.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Anisocoria Feldman posted:

2 is best for what it did for the burlap industry but I haven’t seen the reboot which may feature even more burlap for all I know

the reboot features pot farming jason and one of the most botched breast implant results put to film

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

Kvlt! posted:

the reboot features pot farming jason and one of the most botched breast implant results put to film

In that case I’ll have to reserve judgment on my definitive ranking until this weekend.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

its actually p good, i reccomend watching the killer cut if you can find it

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The reboot does a good job of kind of smashing together like 3 movies together.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

1 & 2 are classics for good reason
3 is a bit shakey and relies too much on the 3D gimmick but I'd say is still a solid slasher
4 is great, probably the best of the formulaic sequels
5 is also great for being so weird and gross and kind of bad
6 I don't remember very well
7 is a great twist on the formula, and honestly the franchise would be in a much healthier place now if Jason vs [legally distinct version of another horror movie character] had become the new formula
8 is bad, I am sorry but there's no way Crystal Lake would have a boat that big on it, or an outlet to the sea a boat that big could navigate. And how big is this loving boat, it has like a four story engine room. Bullshit
The first scene of 9 is one of the best parts of the franchise, the rest of 9 is the worst part of the franchise
X is the best, this is known
vs Freddy is a lot of fun, a good movie watching time.
remake played it way too safe, creating a sort of mid-tier, fairly unmemorable installment in the series.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Is it safe to unbookmark this thread yet? I get enough F13 derails in the real horror thread

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
8 has its flaws, but the whole cruise ship and outlet to the Hudson or whatever is actually great and I wish that they kept going with more stupid Crystal Lake stuff. Like it also has a military base or it's the site of the 1992 Olympic Games somehow.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Is it safe to unbookmark this thread yet? I get enough F13 derails in the real horror thread

still waiting for Fran to post the prize announcements I think

also F13 chat isn't a derail, my boy Jason is always on topic :colbert:

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Freddy vs Jason
Remake
Jason X
Goes to Hell

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Bold Choice going with Freddy V Jason as a top choice. Its definitely a good movie but drat that's pretty high on the list.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Remake
FvJ
X

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Bold Choice going with Freddy V Jason as a top choice. Its definitely a good movie but drat that's pretty high on the list.

If it makes you feel better, it also tops my list of Nightmare titles.

FvJ
Remake
New Nightmare

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Freddy V Jason works more as a Nightmare film than a Jason film.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

:same: but I want my prizes

anyway

Remake
FVJ
X

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

My tiered list of Friday the 13th movies looks like a christmas cracker. :toot:

(If I were to put the remake in a tier it would be at da bottom).

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

My favourite scene is in 7 when Jemson goes to town on the campers with a pitchfork, just a classic.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I refuse to rank them, just like I refuse to rank my children.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

why dont you rank your children

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I'm naming my first child The Final Chapter and my second A New Beginning.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Naming my first born child Jason X a non poser name

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hollismason posted:

You should name your tenth child Jason X because it's your tenth one

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kvlt! posted:

why dont you rank your children

well uh mainly because they don't exist

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
IMO graventy's second-born child displays a much richer palate of character than the eldest. I know a lot of people ITT prefer the original because everything's more extreme and dramatic, but #2 is just a much more comfortable child, you know?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hollismason posted:

Is that the one where Jason converted to Islam?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Jason is according to the timeline a Boomer.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Hollismason posted:

makes sense. hates kids, doesnt want to see new generations flourish and just wants to be left alone in its cabin away from big and small government interference.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Hollismason posted:

My pet theory is the Jason we know and love isn't really born in the 1950s. Friday Part 2 has this five year time jump to explain how he went from the weird webbed kid in the lake to the Jason we know and love. So, we end up with a timeline that is closer to:

--Jason "drowns" in like 1976
--He keeps living in and around the lake as a weird Frog Boy till 1979 around age of 13 and 14 and sees his mom killed
--The Jason we see in Part 2 is a nineteen year old Jason

So, Jason is more an aloof Gen Xer which makes sense.

What's weird is that it's Part 2 that establishes Part 2 took place in 1979. They would have just retconned Part 1 to take place in like 1975, have a six year time jump, and it would actually make the timeline work.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Wasn't Jason born in the 40s?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah that makes him a boomer.

Timeless Appeal posted:

My pet theory is the Jason we know and love isn't really born in the 1950s. Friday Part 2 has this five year time jump to explain how he went from the weird webbed kid in the lake to the Jason we know and love. So, we end up with a timeline that is closer to:

--Jason "drowns" in like 1976
--He keeps living in and around the lake as a weird Frog Boy till 1979 around age of 13 and 14 and sees his mom killed
--The Jason we see in Part 2 is a nineteen year old Jason

So, Jason is more an aloof Gen Xer which makes sense.

What's weird is that it's Part 2 that establishes Part 2 took place in 1979. They would have just retconned Part 1 to take place in like 1975, have a six year time jump, and it would actually make the timeline work.

Jason drowns in the 50s and Pamela Voorhees spends the next few decades sabotaging the opening of the camp. Until they finally do open it and then she goes all murdery.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Jason drowns in the 50s and Pamela Voorhees spends the next few decades sabotaging the opening of the camp. Until they finally do open it and then she goes all murdery.
Yeah, I know. I'm saying that Part 2 is actively trying to thread the needle of explaining how Jason went from weird Frog Boy to Killbilly. The five year time jump really only exists to justify that he actually aged and grew up. So, the implication is that his "drowning" happened a lot later, he didn't die, the end of Part 1 really did happen, and he only was living on his own for a few years. The movie implies that Jason saw his mom die as a kid.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm confused.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The timeline of the F13 films make no sense.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

STAC Goat posted:

I'm confused.

You're thinking too hard about a worm demon thing that takes the form of a man in a hockey mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hey, I was just trying to follow other people's theories. I got enough "thinking too hard" moments to try and makes sense of Jason.