Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

General Adam discussion.

Whilst Adam's fate and his presence loom large in the show after this I was always surprised they didn't do more with him and Don's relationship in flashback or ever confront it more directly. In the moment it always felt like a missed opportunity with Adam's character. But in retrospect I feel like it was probably the right choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

I honestly don't think she's a great actor but she's absolutely perfectly cast. Everyone is. Whoever had the final say in casting deserves a bonus, sopranos, breaking bad, deadwood, they all had a few weak links. Every single mad men actor is loving bringing it every scene

Suzanne Farrel that's the only weak actor

That spoiler is inaccurate tho because she's loving great in everything else she's in. There was a lot of behind the scenes drama surrounding her that I'm not sure I buy into the accusations leveled against her and knowing what we know now about Weiner.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

GoutPatrol posted:

"It will shock you how much it never happened" is one of the best (serious) lines of the series.

In the UK at least this was adopted as the tagline for the entire show and was used on a lot of promotional material.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Fighting Trousers posted:

Or if you don't have long, there's this Vanity Fair article.

Have Martin Scorcesse direct it. Called it The Wolf in Silicon Valley. Margot Robbie as Holmes and DiCaprio as Balto using the same mocap suit from that Harrison Ford dog film.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Blood Nightmaster posted:

I skipped ahead of the thread a little on my rewatch bc the show is frankly too good not to and I absolutely cannot wait for Jerusalem's reaction to Ginsberg. like just in general

That characters ending is one of the things that feels very rushed or unearned. Did the actor leave to join Superstore at that time or do I have the timing wrong?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

How does everyone feel about Peggy and her ending? I kind of feel she is underserved by the last batch of episodes development wise and especially her relationship with Stan.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

For writing the works of JD Salinger evoke that same feeling of inescapable emptiness and the search for meaning among the bourgeois ashes. Franny and Zooey is his master work in my opinion, but it deals with younger college aged characters so unless Bobby and Sally were the reason you tuned in maybe consider Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut which drat near coulda been an episode featuring Season 1 or 2 Betty and whatever her friends name was.

If you want to watch a great televised JD Salinger work you could watch Hollywoo Stars and Celebrities: What Do They Know? Do They Know Things? Let's Find Out!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Aces High posted:

On a different note, I decided to start watching The Handmaid's Tale, because of Elizabeth Moss, and I have to wonder if there's something I can watch her in where she can just, I dunno, be happy.

Not really, no.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Admiral Bosch posted:

I might be misremembering the facts on this, but I'm pretty sure their usage of The Beatles with Don listening to hardly any of the song before taking the needle off the record was a really excellent way to get away with the Fair Use policy without having to pay for the rights to the track.

You are misremembering. Matthew Weiner actually paid out of his own pocket to use the track as AMC refused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Aces High posted:

Did Harry do anything besides trend downward after the tryst in...season 1?

There was the episode in Season Two where he recruited Joan to help with content vetting but he managed to gently caress that up by the end too so no, it was downward trending and nothing else.