Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Blood Nightmaster posted:

My absolute favorite "Don Draper being an alpha/the coolest dude in the room (due to a serious lack of context)" scene is still that bit where he's out of his mind on amphetamines and tries to give the creatives an inspirational pep talk that goes nowhere and Peggy immediately dismisses for the nonsense that it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb2pVuXHjlg

Rare win from the comments section:

quote:

Don’s dialogue in this episode is like it was written by an AI that watched all the Mad Men episodes and tried to write a Don Draper speech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I wonder if Don thinks of TV as an inherently unserious medium since it's the one where you're most likely to see ads.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Matthew Weiner has enough money, just pirate it.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
That was definitely in the air at the time, and I think the costuming was deliberately evoking Manson imagery. Not to imply that everybody was going to get killed by a hippie, probably, but more to further the general sense of dread permeating 1968.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

LividLiquid posted:

This is one of those opinions I always see pop up, and like, okay, that's great for you.

They fundamentally change how I experience art and I'm not you. I super care about not getting spoiled and Terminator 2 would've been a better movie if the twist was revealed at the break into 2 like it was supposed to instead of in the damned trailers.

I'm legit angry I didn't get to see that movie the way it was meant to be seen, y'know? I'm not asking you to suddenly start caring about spoilers for yourself, but your way isn't the one true way. It's just your way.

The whole language of the film tells you that Arnold is a good guy, in his very first scene he plucks sunglasses off a guy's face and rides off on a motorcycle as Bad to the Bone plays. If James Cameron thought that the trailer was ruining a twist he wouldn't have allowed it, and I know this because he's James Cameron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
25% people pouring drinks
25% people opening or closing doors
20% people saying either "He said WHAT?" or "That's not what I said" or "I can't believe you're saying this"
20% people saying "Who else knows about this?"
9% shots of Draper family members frowning and shaking their heads
1% lawnmower