Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

Started a fresh watch with my wife ( who never saw it ) and it's amazing how this show really is that good. Or at least it really starts hitting good by the Freddie firing episode in Season 2.

Does anyone here know what Rodger is specifically referring to when he says his podiatrist went to Hazelton? Clearly it's about getting sober, but I can't find any information about it being linked to alcoholism other than the Betty Ford Center.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazelden_Foundation posted:

Hazelden began in 1949 as a simple farmhouse retreat called the Old Lodge. It was limited to male alcoholics. The original program designed by Lynne Carroll was based on Alcoholics Anonymous principles, especially the Twelve Steps. In the first 18 months, 156 men were helped. In 1953, the Fellowship Club was established as a halfway house to provide additional help for patients after attending the Center City program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

yeah there's something to be said for not knowing in advance about, for example, the lawnmower scene in mad men, the first time you see it, but not being able to talk at all about the entire premise of the work for fear of 'spoiling' it is very silly

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Annabel Pee posted:

I saw a TikTok of random facts people can’t believe they just figured out and one was that they are called Mad Men as in Madison Avenue. Is that true? I feel really stupid now and think it might have even said that in the pilot opening but not sure if I’m overthinking it.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

even the all gray fully carpeted drop ceilinged grey fabric cubicle panels and gray fabric office chairs with the only color being the beige computers is still less depressing than what a SCDP in, say, 2018 would look like, a warehouse full of rows of tables with people sitting elbow to elbow using their macbooks

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

The only thing more canon is the Sobotkas from The Wire defying death and jail to reunite and rob that bank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VRT-y5uFn8

must have been after ziggy got out of the marine corps