Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Pete super-won. His address might be Witchita, but he's not spending most of his time there. That guy is going to every Super Bowl, World Series, major music festival, and traveling internationally. He'll practically be in New York and Los Angeles every other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Xealot posted:

It's a question for every character if their happy ending will wear off or not. But I want to believe in his case, at least.

I've always had this weirdly sympathetic look at Pete that he was how he was because he thought that's what he was supposed to be doing, not because that's who he actually was. Like he was being the sort of guy that he thought he was supposed to be because that's how other people in his position were and that's how his dad was and so on. But, in the end, he figures this out and, quite literally, leaves that world behind.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The good parts of Sucker Punch sold me on it. Although that wasn't the Beatles.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

"Boohoo they need more wrenches or something" randomly pops in my head from time to time

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

You should want an Old Fashioned because they're awesome, regardless of what Don did or did not do

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

What if it is 7 AM because I didn't sleep the night before and also I just flew in from Europe so my body thinks it is actually 1 AM?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DoubleCakes posted:

Actually thinking back to the MLK episode of Mad Men, the one property insurance salesman coming in the day after MLK is shot and telling everyone about the dream he had... wow, what the hell is up with that guy? Props to the writers for perfectly illustrating that kind of person who has to make everything about them. What a lowkey weirdo.

I don't think he was the kind of person that has to make everything about them, so much as he was loving nuts. That guy was somehow selling insurance instead of yelling at squirrels in the park to stop stealing his emotions.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Randallteal posted:

My second favorite line was easier to find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SONRSUcKk4k

I think about "Manischewitz are GOOD people - they're YOUR people - and they sell wine for religious ceremonies of all faiths!" every time I pass by the wine aisle at the grocery store.
I liked the bus ad that they came up with for it

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The funny thing about Peggy and Stan is that it looks like it comes totally out of left field, but when you re-watch the series? Totally obvious that it is happening. By the time the kid staples her hand, you're sitting there like "how was I this oblivious about it?"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DoubleCakes posted:

My issue with Peggy and Stan isn't that it doesn't make sense, it just feels strained that they waited to the final episode for them to come together. It was very rom-com.

Kinda, but it does feel more organic than a lot of TV show "OK we're ending so wrap it all up." SCP itself ending threw everyone into a major life change decision point. Stan kinda had to shoot his shot then.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Turns out Don and Roger ride again in Seinfeld's Pop-Tart movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

It was... Odd. Like it wanted to be a kid's movie but was determined to not be, despite being almost a live action cartoon?