Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
They probably just thought a scene of Betty finding lipstick or perfume on his clothes would be cliche, but Don's Mr. Appearance. I wouldn't be surprised if he has an off-screen city hygiene routine to go along with his fresh desk shirts. We've seen him swimming at some kind of athletic club before. Maybe he hits it up at lunchtime every day and showers afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Pete is at liberty to be an rear end in a top hat forever because his family's rich. If they weren't he would have been out on his rear end after season 1 and doing Hare Krishnas with Lakshmi by now.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
How would they get the little squiggly ketchup line on the hot dogs in the glass bottle days anyway, or is that an anachronism? I'm picturing pouring it into a bowl first and using a baster or something.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
One Bob rises, one Bob falls

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

GoutPatrol posted:

Should have included the paramedic shrug in the ambulance as a picture.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Sad that the Benson-Ginsberg creative partnership is seemingly over so soon. Also I was really hoping it was going to be Paul Kinsey at that pool party.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I kinda doubt there's any considered meaning behind Stan having it in particular. Stan's got kind of a recovering frat boy thing going on.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

kalel posted:

I wish I had a friend like Freddy. :(

Freddy is great, and his buck up speech is heroic, but Don going back to work is also such an ambivalent moment. It's interesting to contrast Freddy's advice with Duck's to Pete about how what really mattered was investing in his family. Meanwhile Don has chosen isolation and adding more money to a fortune that will probably just sit there until it's divided up after he dies. I was super checked out on Don after his ridiculousness in season 6, but I was a little disappointed at this point that his seeming resolve from the end of the season finale didn't add up to much. On the other hand it's very realistic that willpower and a one-time shock aren't enough to get someone to really change their behavior.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Given the quality of long running syndicated newspaper comics when I was a kid Lou's dream actually seems very achievable. I can easily imagine Scout's Honor by Lou Avery sandwiched between Family Circus and Marmaduke.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Love Roger casually dropping into this episode to have sex with his best friend's mother-in-law in his bed, pay to have all of his furniture stolen, and float away scot-free. That's Sterling's Gold, bay-bee.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I randomly thought about my favorite Mad Men moment this afternoon and couldn't find it uploaded anywhere anymore so I grabbed it and put it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-b-wokdYsM

Randallteal fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Feb 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
My second favorite line was easier to find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SONRSUcKk4k

I think about "Manischewitz are GOOD people - they're YOUR people - and they sell wine for religious ceremonies of all faiths!" every time I pass by the wine aisle at the grocery store.