Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I sleep like poo poo most of the time. For a long time (felt like a year at least) I was waking up between 2:00 and 3:00 am every loving night and I would toss and turn until after 4:00. A doctor at one point recommended using OTC sleeping medicine for a couple weeks to train my brain to get through the night but it didn't work so well and I didn't want to become dependent on them.

I used melatonin for a month and stopped recently after discovering I shouldn't be taking it for extended periods since it can gently caress up my body's natural production.

When I wake up in the middle of the night my brain is usually racing about dumb work stuff so I attribute it to anxiety. But usually the poo poo I think about it so meaningless, which makes it all that more frustrating.

Knock on wood, but in recent weeks I've been sleeping through the night. I naturally wake up between 5:00 and 6:00 am but I'm a morning person so it doesn't bother me. I cut out alcohol for the month of December, and I suspect some of my lovely sleep was due to me drinking beer multiple times per week. I've learned a lot about myself during my sober month, and I plan to cut down my drinking significantly. I smoke weed and I would love to rely on that to sleep (it really helps me fall asleep) but I have self-control issues and I'll smoke all day, every day when it's in my house so I force myself to take two week breaks every three weeks when I run out of my stock. If I could get to a point where I only smoke a small amount in the evening I think I would be okay maintaining like that.

me your dad fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU