Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I usually have no problems falling asleep. I tend to wake up a few times to toss around though, and with age my lower back gives me issues when I lie in bed too long.

I have heard that stuff like smartphones, computers and media make insomnia worse, but the easiest, sure fire way to get me to sleep is to lie in bed and watch something on youtube on my phone, just prop the phone on a pillow and watch. I'll be fighting to stay awake inside 10 minutes. And yes it can be something I find interesting and want to watch. The opposite of sleep hygiene basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Lower back pain is making sleep more difficult nowadays. Started sleeping with this pillow filled with grain that I microwave a few minutes, the heat helps.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Much better now, I rotated my bed 180 degrees and now my back feels much better in the mornings.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Well when I bought the bed they said it was built so it had different strength springs in different locations that conformed to the contours of the body. I was wondering if I had it the wrong way and was sleeping with my back on the leg end so I flipped it around to see it made a difference.

Hard to say, feels better nowadays but not perfect wrt back pain. I will try the pillow thing and see if it helps, also a side sleeper.

What does work is taking an ibuprofen every night before sleep, but I don't think that's a good longterm solution.