Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
I haven't been sleeping so good recently. Probably because I got promoted to a full-time position. It's a great position in a great job, but it has its stress. Also, I've finally started getting work dreams. And they've been so weird I can't even remember most of them.

Maybe I need a bit better sleep hygiene (doing sleepy things like ASMR an hour before sleep), but mostly I think I'm a bit too lazy with weights and working out. I should be doing more weights more times a week. But I convince myself that I'm too tired to exercise, even though I'm not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
So, my work roster is unusual; every month is two weeks of morning shift, two weeks of evenings. Mornings means waking up at 05:30 for a 07:00 start, and usually that's fine. But finally I'm a full-time contracted employee, not a casual, so that's every day for two weeks getting up early. So that's fine. And two weeks of sleep ins for evening shift.

But I've worked here for three years, and it's only once I became full-time that I started getting Work Dreams. And they're not really that bad. Just work poo poo. But I feel like, if I have to deal with work poo poo, I should at least be getting paid for it. Because that poo poo interferes with my Adventure-Dreams, which are loving gold.

Seriously, I'm building up wealth here. I plan on retiring within the next 20 years. I don't want my retirement-goony life to be hosed with work-dreams. I want to be playing computer games until I die, and dreaming Adventure-Dreams where I can save-scum out of teeth nightmares, not worrying about stupid work poo poo.

To answer your question though, I think my saving grace is walking to and from work. It's about 2.5 km, and that's not that much, but it's nice, despite the fact there are always cops around this one area. Add those 6k steps from my commute, to all the running around I do at work, and I average 10k easy. So once I get home and work out for a bit, I can just fall asleep.