Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I can sleep fine if left to my own devices - I had 2 weeks off at Christmas and was sleeping 4am-10am and it was no problem.

As I approached my return to work, I kept saying to myself, I'll get myself back to a normal sleeping pattern, but my mind doesn't switch off until about 3/4 in the morning. I get stuck in a Wikipedia blackhole or similar quite a lot.

If I force myself to go to bed 2230-2330 ish like my girlfriend does, it feels like I have to toss and turn for ages before I get to sleep.

I can get away with 0100-0600 during the working week without feeling too tired but occasionally my mind is still too active at 1am and then it feels like pressure as I'm really cutting my sleep time down the longer I toss and turn at that late point.

Ultimately I need to discipline myself into going to be before 2300 and I guess I will adjust. I'm not very good at that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU