Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Hi OP, I've struggled with insomnia for years. I'm not sure if you're looking for advice, but these are great suggestions:

shirunei posted:

f.lux or some other blue light filter helped out with stuff like this, it can be a godsend.

PT6A posted:

I sleep like a baby, OP. I poo poo myself and wake up screaming.

But, seriously, the few times I've experienced bad insomnia, the solution is this: bust a nut. Yeah, it's inconvenient, but after you've been tossing and turning for four hours, just accept there's something in there that wants out and take care of it.

Maybe not necessarily jerking it, but if you can't sleep then the best thing you can do is stop trying and stop stressing it. Get up and do something else for a while, then try again later.

I also saw a major improvement in my ability to sleep when I disassociated my bed from anything besides sleep (though I've fallen out of the habit recently). If I wanted to lay down and play on my phone I'd go to the couch, and only physically lay in bed when I was ready to actually sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU