Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I feel like as you get older you just sleep shittier. Maybe it's because your brain is filled with toxins from just being alive for so long.

I used to sleep fine up through my 20s, but I slowly started sleeping less. Started waking up at night too like from what you're describing. I tried exercising, not using screens late, meditating, none of it seems to really matter.

I find sticking to a routine is important. If I change up what I'm doing before bed I always sleep worse.

Drugs are an ok band aid if you'd had a rough couple nights and really need some sleep, but they are a trap for sure to fall into in regards to needing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

yaffle posted:

especially on days when I have work early and can't go back to sleep at six like my stupid brain wants me to.

Yea, this for sure. I start to feel sleepy when it is time to get up. I tell my brain it's his fault for doing this to us. He doesn't seem to give a gently caress though.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Gophermaster posted:

You should speak with a therapist, but the gist is that you deal with the anxiety first by stopping the negative thought loops and re-learn how to relax.

I don't really have negative thought loops, but more like there will be a song I heard earlier in the day playing in my head on loop while I'm trying to sleep.