Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Getafe v Barca was classic la liga referrering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the fouling in La Liga this year has been intense. Seems like every game has a million collisions.

If they continue accurately counting extra time every game will be 120 minutes

BWV fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 20, 2023

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
yamal starting for barca tonight and lasting 84 minutes is crazy

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

BWV posted:

the fouling in La Liga this year has been intense. Seems like every game has a million collisions.

If they continue accurately counting extra time every game will be 120 minutes

Ya so I watch La Liga recorded matches on the week and during the weekend I watch the premier league usually. The difference is crazy. Literally a million fouls happen in La Liga with almost no yellows while there are multiple reds every weekend now. It's a crazy contrast but one similar thing is that the refs are horrible in both leagues.

Been mainly watching Real so far they do look much better than last year imo even though they don't have a proper striker. Vini + Rodrygo combo is deadly as ever and them drifting wide just keeps creating space for Jude to run in the center. I reckon Valverde will also get decent amount of goals due to this as well. I know Jude has received big credit in both their wins but Tchouameni not playing last year was a crime by Carlo. He is imo the best DM in the world , crazy to think he was benchwarming in both games vs City when they could barely keep 40% possession.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I watched Getafe / Barca last week and the refereeing was amazingly bad. However it was also very funny so who can say if that's worth it.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Watching a badly refereed game is a load of fun when you're not invested in the outcome.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Bellingham is bringing it home

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nice to see Jude keep doing well. Haven't seen the match yet probably will catch the replay. But ya from the highlights he kept making similar runs into the box.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Barca coming back to lead this has been fun and Lamine Yamal is definitely a future star, that kid has a high ceiling that he will reach

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Let's hope he stays healthy!

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Drunk Canuck posted:

Barca coming back to lead this has been fun and Lamine Yamal is definitely a future star, that kid has a high ceiling that he will reach

Yamal looks really good and very composed for someone who is 12 years old. Passing the Eye Test left right and centre.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Lladre posted:

Let's hope he stays healthy!

they're going to break him like fati

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Ianis Hagi is joining Alaves on loan without a fee or option to buy. Coming back from injury last season, not in managers plans it seems.

He’s so good though.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Kepa looked quite nervous in his debut but somehow kept a clean sheet. Still loving Jude in this team, his runs into the box have been perfect. Vini jr got injured which sucks for Real, I still think their attacking positions don't have any depth so if Vini or Rodrygo are injured they are gonna have to use Joselu which is fine for La Liga but not good enough for CL. Actually surprised they didn't try jump in the race for the loan of Lukaku he would be quite good I reckon here.

E: Watched the Barca Villarreal game finally. Lamine Yamal is pretty good especially in the 2nd half he came alive while receiving 0 help from Sergi Roberto, so he was basically creating all the offensive by himself on the right. Reminds me of Ansu Fati's first season, so I wouldn't go crazy with the hype. It's happens every few years where some La Masia graduate looks amazing in their first year.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 30, 2023

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

TAKE IN MAN JUDE

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Just saw the highlights and Barca got pretty lucky with that penalty. Up until the Wow Felix loan I was pretty happy with everything but I think he's pretty poo poo and Doesn't Have The Goods.

The Jude poo poo is amazing. I hate to say it but Madrid has been so good with their transfers and it'll be a real shame when Mbappe joins and they have a new Galácticos but everyone is under 25.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
it is absolutely loving crazy how good jude is. like he's the fuckin guy. he might actually bring it home for england

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Nuclear Spoon posted:

it is absolutely loving crazy how good jude is. like he's the fuckin guy. he might actually bring it home for england

:hmmyes:

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
madrid sociedad is a Good Watch, more football has happened in the opening 18 minutes than in both today's PL games

including this banger of a disallowed goal from kubo (it bounces of oyarzabal's back)

https://streamin.one/v/139b10d6

Nuclear Spoon fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 17, 2023

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

kubo is a beast. lol they sold him for 7 millions

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

tristeham posted:

kubo is a beast. lol they sold him for 7 millions

Madrid got a 50% sell-on clause too, at least

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

trem_two posted:

Madrid got a 50% sell-on clause too, at least

oh makes sense

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Osasuna fans are really going in on Greenwood.

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1703447551024734535

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is that a harsher punishment than they hand out for all the racism?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Is that a harsher punishment than they hand out for all the racism?

Well they're discussing "any" so probably

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

this is probably the most enjoyable Barca team in a few years but they will likely lose a bunch of games like this when they just can't put away chances.

lol and Celta just put in another

e: well at least they tied it. nice group of guys out there

BWV fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 23, 2023

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Welp.

Celta really regretting those blown chances earlier.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

and now they get the third. 3 goals in the last 10 minutes. Wow Cancelo is great.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Oops! All Joãos!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Basque Derby rules. Best vibes of any Derby.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
granada what the gently caress are you doing lol

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
rip mendilibar

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nuclear Spoon posted:

rip mendilibar

Sevilla have been quite boring under him. The Europa League win will be a career highlight tho even if it was marred with terrible officiating.

Honestly Sevilla just need to go the Valencia road and pump the team with Academy players. Sevilla has one of the oldest squads and many of the players are not as good as before anymore. They lost Bounou and Bryan Gil who were crucial players for them. With no decent replacements.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
This Barca-Bilbao game is good

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Marc Guiu with a drat beautiful goal

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
This is the first game I've been able to watch live in over two seasons.

Was nice watching the new kids.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Lladre posted:

This is the first game I've been able to watch live in over two seasons.

Was nice watching the new kids.

Ya La Masia pipeline is looking good for this year. Fermin Lopez, Yamine Lamal have looked amazing so far.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Nice to see the corpses of The Rolling Stones enjoying the match

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

What a hit from Bellingham!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Yeah that was good poo poo.