Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

BWV posted:

A board so incompetent they didn't even realize Messi would stay if they just gave him this.

Don't you realise this was the final straw

All year Messi had asked for the train set. He had been good all year, done his chores, walked the dogs, carried the team through multiple games.

When the day finally came, Messi ran downstairs early to see a big present under the tree. He tore open the paper with reckless abandon...

When he saw what was under there a single tear rolled down his cheek. Now he knew what Yaya had told him

Suddenly, a large gold plated Rolls Royce appeared outside his house and out stepped a man dressed it white robes with a train set under one arm, and a contract in the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Pep was super-jelly of Pique and Zlatan Sharika

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2021/09/06/61367985268e3e1e4c8b4571.html

Gerard Pique posted:

The 34-year-old centre-back also revealed that his relationship with Pep Guardiola went through a serious crisis after Pique began dating his current wife Shakira.

"We reached an important point of tension with [Guardiola], and with the dressing room in general," declared Pique.

The [Jose] Mourinho issue wore us out a lot. Pep wants absolute control of everything that happens.

"I start dating Shakira and the relationship with him changes. Now the relationship with [Guardiola] is perfect. I had a lot of pressure and if there was one moment I was thinking of leaving it was in 2011/12."

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I doubt it was jealousy, and more a worry about having a centre back on 2 hours sleep

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

BWV posted:

A board so incompetent they didn't even realize Messi would stay if they just gave him this.

lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just saw big ron had a press conference where he took no questions and said he just needs more time. One a scale of 1 to sacked how far out the door is he

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
There’s already reports in Italian media that Conte and Pirlo are on a shortlist. Both would be insane to take the job for different reasons.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I thought Pirlo retired.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

the sex ghost posted:

Just saw big ron had a press conference where he took no questions and said he just needs more time. One a scale of 1 to sacked how far out the door is he

are they really going to blame the manager after gutting the team because they're a billion dollars in debt

i mean yes, it's barca, of course they're going to blame the manager, but still

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lladre posted:

I thought Pirlo retired.

He got canned at the end of last season.

Or is this some joke I’m not getting.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gigi Galli posted:

He got canned at the end of last season.

Or is this some joke I’m not getting.

It was a serious question. I haven't been following anything this season due to rl stuff.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lladre posted:

It was a serious question. I haven't been following anything this season due to rl stuff.

Oh ok, he did retire as a player and got his coaching badges pretty quick. Juventus appointed him as head coach of their u23 side who are a full fledged team playing in Serie C, everyone thought this was a good idea. Three days later they sacked Maurizio Sarri from the first team and appointed Pirlo as manager, everyone thought this was a bad idea. He struggled as one would expect and barely qualified for the CL, largely only because Napoli were imploding. Everyone knew he would be fired as soon as the season was over, and he was.

Now why he would be in the shortlist for any big team job is anyone’s guess. It’s just media bullshit is my guess.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Benz is in unreal form right now, 8 goals and 7 assists in 6 games this season.

Also, poor Asensio finally scored a hat trick, but it was against his old/hometown team

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Gigi Galli posted:

Now why he would be in the shortlist for any big team job is anyone’s guess. It’s just media bullshit is my guess.

a languid ball playing midfielder with no experience became their best coach ever

now imagine a languid ballplaying midfielder with hair

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
My cable box says ESPN2 is showing College Football Live when they're actually showing Athletic/Alavés. Not a good way to promote La Liga!

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

god drat barca

just god drat :(

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Surely Pooman's got to go now hasn't he. I mean idk who they'd be able to get in but I saw Barcelona in the champions league in the week and they were just comically poo poo

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

the sex ghost posted:

Surely Pooman's got to go now hasn't he. I mean idk who they'd be able to get in but I saw Barcelona in the champions league in the week and they were just comically poo poo

They can't afford to sack him

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

A hearty lmfao at Real right now

Go go espanyol

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

the best team in Catalonia defeat Badrid

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This season might actually be good? Seems close! I’ll definitely watch el Classico in the battle for 4th place.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

too bad Sevilla failed to capitalize and lost against relegation fodder. They still have a game in hand though.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
There's always next year.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Apparently Aguero has a heart problem. The facebook scientists have declared it a vaccine side effect :allears:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
His heart moved to psg, thats the problem

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Apparently the nou camp was only 1/3 full for their last match. They seem to be in trouble on all fronts.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
good job fireman xavi is on the case, just like super frankie lampard and andrea pirlo

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
xavi's at the wheel

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

mila kunis posted:

xavi's at the wheel

He's probably wearing some expensive jorts while doing so

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Watching the implosion of Barcelona this season has truly been deeply funny

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Iago Aspas's goal in the 96th minute was a thing of beauty

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
currently watching spanish dave, alberto moreno, etienne capoue, and adnan jazzijazz and wondering if I’ve slipped back to 2014 somehow

good ebening

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
So Barça have found 55 million euros somewhere to sign Ferran Torres from Man City. Apparently his new release clause is set at 1 billion (!) euros...

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Madrid and Barca just set everyone's release clause at a bil.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

bought for 50, worth 1 bil. seems like some expert biznus deals.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Pro tip, don't throw poo poo at players.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
hate to break the posting silence since january, but just fyi there is an "el classico" on

Magic City Monday
Dec 5, 2016
PSG should have played like this the other week

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
https://twitter.com/Betd_/status/1505646119879000066

Amazing

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

real badrid

Adbot