Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I can't imagine how bad this must have been before if the president is still not doing anything now in 2023. Also I really hope it gets better but I feel like idiots will try to do this to get under the skin of opposing players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Angry Lobster posted:

Vinicius is a moron but no one deserves this.

It has been happening occasionally for decades, ask Eto'o.

Ya Eto is the one I remember from back in the day. I just meant in the 90s if you were black and played in Spain or Italy it must have been hell.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Angry Lobster posted:

It also happened to non-blacks, like Roberto Carlos or Alves. Race has always been the easiest and most obvious way to provoke or attack some player/team, however other means were used like threats and intimidation (Mijatovic), actual violence, or even celebrating and ridiculing someone's death (Juanito, Antonio Puerta), and that's just the tip. The thing is in the 80s and 90s, the organized radical fans groups (call it hooligans, 'Ultras', whatever) were at their peak, so this kind of poo poo happened more frequently, and there was a sensation of impunity due to the clubs (almost no exceptions) actually protecting these groups, until at some point they stopped making excuses and started to do something although some did more than others. Obviously it keeps happening occasionally.

I mean Lazio ultras are terrible now, can you imagine them in the 90s lol.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Jose posted:

don't forget that he was being strangled before lashing out on top of the racist abuse

Lol, you forget a ball boy threw in an extra ball and then the Valencia used that ball to clear Vini dribbling into the box. Also for those that didn't watch the game, the whole near side was full of rubbish that Valencia fans had been throwing all game. Pre game they had their monkey chants when RM bus came into the stadium. It was a complete poo poo show. I am also wondering if they did this last season because these fans were hardcore targeting Vinicius.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Was wondering if anyone seen Sevilla matches, how will they do vs Roma possibly parking the bus tomorrow in the EL finals.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

What's with sport brands copying tech style minimalistic design? Like the Juve redesign is the worst.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Have high hopes for Sevilla, under Mendilibar they had won of the best records in the league.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Real starting without Kroos or Modric, I wonder if this will be their default lineup.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I wonder how long till Vinicius racism occurs this season.

Good debut for Jude, tchouameni + camavinga midfield looks more energetic. I still think no world class striker will hurt them.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 12, 2023

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Getafe v Barca was classic la liga referrering.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

BWV posted:

the fouling in La Liga this year has been intense. Seems like every game has a million collisions.

If they continue accurately counting extra time every game will be 120 minutes

Ya so I watch La Liga recorded matches on the week and during the weekend I watch the premier league usually. The difference is crazy. Literally a million fouls happen in La Liga with almost no yellows while there are multiple reds every weekend now. It's a crazy contrast but one similar thing is that the refs are horrible in both leagues.

Been mainly watching Real so far they do look much better than last year imo even though they don't have a proper striker. Vini + Rodrygo combo is deadly as ever and them drifting wide just keeps creating space for Jude to run in the center. I reckon Valverde will also get decent amount of goals due to this as well. I know Jude has received big credit in both their wins but Tchouameni not playing last year was a crime by Carlo. He is imo the best DM in the world , crazy to think he was benchwarming in both games vs City when they could barely keep 40% possession.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nice to see Jude keep doing well. Haven't seen the match yet probably will catch the replay. But ya from the highlights he kept making similar runs into the box.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Kepa looked quite nervous in his debut but somehow kept a clean sheet. Still loving Jude in this team, his runs into the box have been perfect. Vini jr got injured which sucks for Real, I still think their attacking positions don't have any depth so if Vini or Rodrygo are injured they are gonna have to use Joselu which is fine for La Liga but not good enough for CL. Actually surprised they didn't try jump in the race for the loan of Lukaku he would be quite good I reckon here.

E: Watched the Barca Villarreal game finally. Lamine Yamal is pretty good especially in the 2nd half he came alive while receiving 0 help from Sergi Roberto, so he was basically creating all the offensive by himself on the right. Reminds me of Ansu Fati's first season, so I wouldn't go crazy with the hype. It's happens every few years where some La Masia graduate looks amazing in their first year.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 30, 2023

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

TAKE IN MAN JUDE

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nuclear Spoon posted:

rip mendilibar

Sevilla have been quite boring under him. The Europa League win will be a career highlight tho even if it was marred with terrible officiating.

Honestly Sevilla just need to go the Valencia road and pump the team with Academy players. Sevilla has one of the oldest squads and many of the players are not as good as before anymore. They lost Bounou and Bryan Gil who were crucial players for them. With no decent replacements.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Lladre posted:

This is the first game I've been able to watch live in over two seasons.

Was nice watching the new kids.

Ya La Masia pipeline is looking good for this year. Fermin Lopez, Yamine Lamal have looked amazing so far.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Need to watch the full match but that goal by Bellingham was a worldie, he gets a lot of tap ins but he also has the spectactular goals.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Just saw the highlights for this one. How did Madrid not score in the first half, it felt like they had 10 chances just in that half. Props to Rayo though.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

TIL that Daley Blind is playing for Girona, and that he spent half of last season at Bayern Munich.

Blind still riding on that worldcup performance. All seriousness he is decent mid table player.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

important to note that greenwood got a straight red for saying something to the ref lol. get hosed idiot

Apparently he said gently caress's sake but ref thought he said gently caress you.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I don't think Xavi should be sacked at least until summer. The most sense would be the Las Palmas manager who basically plays Barca tiki taka style more than Barca. But he doesn't have the credibility or star power to control dressing room.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Not sure if anyone saw Girona vs Sevilla, man Girona are playing some of the best counter attacking football in the world right now. You can tell they are not just edging dirty wins, they are playing with so much flair.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Yamal is loving cooking Camavinga, might have to put Mendy in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

mila kunis posted:

ive never seen joao felix play well ever

You probably haven't seen many Barca games then, he was one of their better players at the start of the season. But yes he has fallen off since that. It's not like he is horrible but he doesn't track back as much(Vasquez goal example) and Rafinha's long shot ability has been one of their best offensive tools after Yamal.