Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Ok

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/camp-nou-fc-barcelona-10284

Mes que un brick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Pep was super-jelly of Pique and Zlatan Sharika

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2021/09/06/61367985268e3e1e4c8b4571.html

Gerard Pique posted:

The 34-year-old centre-back also revealed that his relationship with Pep Guardiola went through a serious crisis after Pique began dating his current wife Shakira.

"We reached an important point of tension with [Guardiola], and with the dressing room in general," declared Pique.

The [Jose] Mourinho issue wore us out a lot. Pep wants absolute control of everything that happens.

"I start dating Shakira and the relationship with him changes. Now the relationship with [Guardiola] is perfect. I had a lot of pressure and if there was one moment I was thinking of leaving it was in 2011/12."

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

mila kunis posted:

xavi's at the wheel

He's probably wearing some expensive jorts while doing so

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

nawilo_420 posted:

wonder what memphis is thinking about on the bench lol

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

ephex posted:

I'm in Barcelona in April and I just saw that Barca is playing Real Madrid in the Cup during that week.

I just checked an the only available tickets on Barcas website are VIP tickets starting at ~700€ and up.

It's very possibly a once in a lifetime chance to see the Classico, but I am not sure if it's worth that kind of money.

Soooo pls sanity check me thread.

I say go for it - sure, it’s not peak Messi vs Ronald era but that match is one of the best derbies in world football and it’s almost never boring.

Don’t know what the resale market is like for them given the ~socios~ but maybe you could get scalped tickets cheaper the day of?

e: full disclosure - 20 years ago in April I maxed out my meager credit card limit and took a train from Valencia to Madrid to watch the CL tie between Pooshited and Real Madrid in what turned out to be a classic so I have dealt with and succumbed to the temptation

sticksy fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 24, 2023

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

ephex posted:

I did spend the money. RIP me (wallet).

Please wear a Figo or Coutinho jersey to the match and report back

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Madrid managers are in a quantum state of sacking

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
As I said elsewhere, while they shouldn’t have to, it’s too bad that no team (especially one as prominent as Real Madrid or Barça) has collectively said “if one of our players is abused, we will walk off and abandon the match, no matter the consequences.”

I get they’re all pampered millionaire footballers who mostly live in a bubble of sycophancy but when your loving teammate is dealing with this every match (and once is obviously too many times) and even moreso because the lovely racist fans know it is bothering him, I would hope there would be some courage and leadership in the changing room to say “we have to stop this and find a way to shine a light on this backwards culture of blatant and aggressive racism.”

Without any sort of real pressure or repercussions, whether that’s embarrassment like prominent players refusing to play and/or financial, Tebas, the league, and the clubs will refuse to do anything of substance and continue their whataboutism of “if you don’t like being racially insulted, maybe you shouldn’t be so sensitive about it.”

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Just so I’m clear - am I reading that right that they’re protesting the match because of Vini Jr reacting to racist abuse and reacting, received a red card that was overturned, NOT that he was targeted and insulted?

Because if so, loving hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Tony Pulis