Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

BWV posted:

he dove away from the ball and had no interest in doing anything other than diving.

Spanishfootball.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

de curry GOAT posted:

Messi needs to go

He tried to OP

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hello Hazard, and welcome back.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lladre posted:

I for one support our new fatty.

That's a mirror, but good on you for having a positive outlook.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Madrid and Barca just set everyone's release clause at a bil.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ephex posted:

Barca made all the triangles and Real made all the goals. Insanely funny imo. Also I wore this lol

Quality trolling, Philippe

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Come to Manchester United, Vini. They have seventeen players who speak Portuguese.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ulio posted:

I can't imagine how bad this must have been before if the president is still not doing anything now in 2023. Also I really hope it gets better but I feel like idiots will try to do this to get under the skin of opposing players.

Spain is an incredibly backward, racist shithole OP.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Angry Lobster posted:

It also happened to non-blacks, like Roberto Carlos or Alves. Race has always been the easiest and most obvious way to provoke or attack some player/team, however other means were used like threats and intimidation (Mijatovic), actual violence, or even celebrating and ridiculing someone's death (Juanito, Antonio Puerta), and that's just the tip. The thing is in the 80s and 90s, the organized radical fans groups (call it hooligans, 'Ultras', whatever) were at their peak, so this kind of poo poo happened more frequently, and there was a sensation of impunity due to the clubs (almost no exceptions) actually protecting these groups, until at some point they stopped making excuses and started to do something although some did more than others. Obviously it keeps happening occasionally.

NINE formal complaints in the past two seasons regarding ONE player being targeted.

Occasionally.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sticksy posted:

Just so I’m clear - am I reading that right that they’re protesting the match because of Vini Jr reacting to racist abuse and reacting, received a red card that was overturned, NOT that he was targeted and insulted?

Because if so, loving hell

Welcome to Spain

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

No, they're saying that if the entire stadium is white there won't be any racism.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Is that a harsher punishment than they hand out for all the racism?

Well they're discussing "any" so probably

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Nice to see the corpses of The Rolling Stones enjoying the match

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

What a hit from Bellingham!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Farça

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Nuclear Spoon posted:

how is he real

They paid €103m for him

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Had a sensible chuckle when they brought on Falcao and Bebe

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TIL that Daley Blind is playing for Girona, and that he spent half of last season at Bayern Munich.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Inaki Williams is one of my low key favorite players to watch

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ah, the old “you can’t fire me, I quit”

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Joao Cancelo is having a very bad week

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pretty sure Barcelona scored a goal but they don't have Hawkeye in Spain and VAR couldn't tell with the cameras lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

You just have to lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Drunk Canuck posted:

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1783130395241841122?t=kvXygrspysY-Zn_PlE3AVg&s=19

Well hell, MLS allowing this to happen is funny. And would've thought the Prem would attempt this first. Going to be interesting how this unfolds since the games will have to be 2pm est starts the latest.

Champions League matches start at 3pm EST and La Liga matches have been known to kickoff as late as midnight local time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Good. I hope he continues to meltdown every week