Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

The gas deposits are in the Med, and that's why Greece and Turkey have been more confrontational than normal recently

Troy and the Peloponnesian League are at it again!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

would anyone be willing to effort-post about the history behind these two countries and/or their current political climates? I only have the vaguest idea about this region.

seconding this, as my knowledge of Greece becomes hazy and indistinct after the severe austerity and rise and questionable fall of Golden Dawn

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

if you get but a wish, would it be to be in a music video as you die?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

I like how we're barely a day into a conflict nobody knows anything about in a part of the world no one cares about but already the same pre-packaged positions of people who already hate so and so and love so and so are already being transferred over.

Honestly after looking at everything I dont support either side in this, I cant cheer for armenia because they're backed by russia, crazed christian nationalists and arab fascism, and I cant support azerbaijan because they're allies with Israel and it seems like they're the ones who started this. so whatever.

I loving hate conflicts in the social media age because for all intents and purposes you might as well know nothing.

one of those gosh darn proxy wars we keep hearing about

I wonder what kind of extracurricular help Azerbaijan is going to pull to their aid, speaking of that and their alliance with Israel,

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

*puts on sunglasses*

russians... only russians fly that low...

*takes off glasses*

well you see, they were the ones to come up with the idea of fighting fire with fire in their tanks, so it would make sense that their planes would be driven like cars

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

did they ever get any other celebrities to carry their water? don't think Lindsay Lohan's said anything in a while

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

why aren't there any memes of Erdogan's stupidly big house

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

Six months later we somehow own a chunk of Kyrgyzstan, and The Mittani is no longer just a *space* emperor

The Mittani couldn't even hold his marriage together, let alone a video game empire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

lmao