Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

more like Death Quotes!

https://twitter.com/KatarinLalala/status/1310335907476758528

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

drat, turkish cigarettes are your best bang for your buck outside the US

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

what you're afraid of probably won't kill you, and people need to go places and meet people who they might be afraid of to realize, hey, that wasn't so bad. it's also about trust and respect. not going native exactly but kinda like lawrence of arabia. pack light but having some stuff to give away like american cigarettes helps. you know you've made it when the guy you're with says "if your life is ever at risk, it won't be until all of my men are dead."

please do not ask me about my closet full of custom-tailored dashikis that i will never, ever wear stateside

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

MBS probably sees this as an excuse to hit back at Turkey after Erdogan backed Qatar and leaked the info about Jamal Khashoggi's murder.

it's not like the dude getting iced in turkey wasn't a black eye for erdogan either, it's been tit-for-tat for awhile

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

BeefThief posted:

im hoping this conflict will be over as quick as it started with no major gains by either side, and i think that's the most likely outcome.

then again maybe this somehow blooms into WWIII with turkey drawing in the NATO powers (minus the US for the first three years) and Russia and China dumping their entire GDP into military production over a scrap of inarable land between two seas you forgot about.

as for picking sides, who cares?

your middle sentence answers your question, this won't blow up

at least the sudetenland had beer

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

interesting that idlib has been in the news the last couple years because of turkey; was that not a heavily diverse/armenian area before WWI?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Vasukhani posted:

this is literally somehow an even dumber 1914

yeah no royals dead, this is bullshit

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

just wanna say that its pretty wild to see all this poo poo going down in real time while a bazillion twitter shitposts fly

and to think we once as a species thought that war had some kind of dignity to it

once again throughout all this the most shocking thing is the strength of azeri twitter

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wolfs posted:

let’s send unemployed and underemployed goons (me) to Armenia for fun and profit

give me your warbucks

two grand a month sounds pretty good tbh

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Torpor posted:

hopefully Armenia can counter that threat, if they can’t it could embolden the Turks and Azeris instead of getting them to the peace table.

post av combo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.985...!7i10240!8i5120

check the table next to the jeep

i like to look at streetview pics all over the world, have traveled in contested areas, and that's literally the first time i've seen a firearm necessary to have a picnic

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i've seen that in google street view locked up appropriately, or people laying out carrying cases. never long rifles just sitting out there, and i've put in one thousand miles of the sierra madre oriental in zeta territory

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

never seen a rifle in latin america but can confirm that everyone in el salvador and guatemala has a pistol and all the security guards carry 12-guages

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fair, i'm being very sensationalist with that pic i guess

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Bad Takes (the others are the one with the Igbo lady

this is definitely the worst war nerd ep

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it was just a biased source. the guest was an igbo nationalist expat with a grudge against the north and not a lot knowledge about the west of Nigeria during the biafran war. didn't discuss much of the imperialist stances and actions especially from France

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah that's Kyrgyzstan, use the middle east thread obviously

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sum posted:

I mean I'm sure Azerbaijan would love to do ethnic cleansing but that's harder to do in the 21st century. Look at Kashmir and Palestine

look at baghdad, damascus and aleppo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Why were they lovely on that subject? Seems odd

I can see why after the holocaust, but I'd like to read about why they were dismissive before 1945. Is it because the armenian church was big in Jerusalem?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

After 1948 I can understand. When I was in Israel, nobody will tell you that Roma, gays and communists died in the holocaust. It's real weird

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

absolutely bracing myself for a terrible interview

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/UnitedHumanity5/status/1315382419239964673?s=20

Feeling like maybe it's tad unwise to stand at the literal border of a war zone to watch the heavy exchange of heavy caliber guns and rocket artillery.

holy crap

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

maybe a rocket with an EMP blast like the science vessel from Starcraft lol

just merge two templar into an archon imo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

rip birds

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

FROM ALTAI TO AUSTRIA

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bring back iberia just to get confusing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

does it say "peace is really great!"?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/armenia/status/818794559585001472?s=20

Old tweet. I would like to see a war between McDonald’s and the Combination-KFC-Pizza Hut/Burger King coalition

the Yum! Battalions

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

maybe kim and kanye lead to cultural victory

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holy poo poo how did they go from sounding like 2002 to sounding like 1999

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Succbot Circlejerk posted:

oh no
LOOK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that steam jet into the camera is enough to get the player a B+ non lethal

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1325251121028485122

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Azathoth posted:

generals will literally see the damage that drones can do to massed infantry and conclude that what they need to do is have so much infantry around that the drones cant take it all out

maybe if the drones see [i]too much [i] death, their AI will learn morality

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this was neat, thank you

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/Zinvor/status/1327303352951197699

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

MARCH ON VIENNA