Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this game's fun ya'll

Apparently the dev has stated that the next ghost model (not type like Banshee or Demon, but the visual appearance) is a wall/ceiling crawler lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

"have to bring back equipment from the house into your truck" should be part of the difficulty progression instead of some optional challenge. Intermediate gives you the items back but you lose some money from leaving them (using the Insurance mechanic) and Professional makes it so you have to take care of all of your poo poo or you lose them.

In a similar sense, if you go that route, I'd like to see some kind of mechanic that involves you bringing stuff home from the haunt to investigate. A written-in ghost book could give you a couple of extra bucks, or the ouji board. Maybe make picking up items that the ghost interacted with or are tied to the theme of the haunting (like the axes/cleaver in the farm house) pisses the ghost off.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 20, 2020

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

explosivo posted:

Yeah, give people a map editor to work with and/or workshop support and I'd play this game forever.

brb ripping the luigi's mansion assets

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

add this to the OP maybe? it's the dev's trello

https://trello.com/b/9QrnqQ1j/phasmophobia

also, can you see ghosts in video cameras? I just realized I've never actually seen a ghost from the van, and I've never heard anyone else say they've seen one from the van either.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 23, 2020

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Roundup Ready posted:

I have no idea what trello is, but after looking at the link that seems like a solid addition, thanks

oh yeah sorry lol, it's basically a big noteboard of the stuff the dev is working on/might work on next. They're usually not public-facing like this but this dev's is, which is cool.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

turn the high school/upcoming prison into an 8-player, 3 ghost raid

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mongoose posted:

Keep your flashlight on to detect hunts. When it starts blinking, a hunt will start in a few seconds and the blinking will continue until the hunt ends. Run and hide somewhere then turn off your flashlight and don't use voicechat. Hopefully you'll have a buddy somewhere safe who will call out over the radio when the hunt ends. The radio won't work during the hunt, so as soon as you hear it come back you know the hunt is over.

I think the current consensus is that leaving the flashlight on doesn't actually matter, you don't ever have to turn it off even if you're being hunted. I know I personally haven't been grabbed in like 20 hunts and I never turn mine off.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

so did you hang out outside of the house for 5 minutes psyching yourself up or something because the ghost can gently caress with you but can't actually try and kill you for 300 seconds after the game begins on amateur.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Hazdoc posted:

yeah I figured that out later but come on I just walked in and the ghost's immediately fuckin with me
he didn't kill me I just hid in a bathroom and then bailed after a minute, in hindsight it probably wasn't actually hunting me since the lights didn't go out

oh yeah the ghost can absolutely gently caress with you, up to even showing itself in order to spook you I believe, but you don't have to worry about being immediately murdered on amateur. Now, if it drains all of your sanity early and you're low when the timer goes up, you may want to be careful lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

what this game needs, once/if updates pick up a bit, is Secret Updates like Minecraft used to have every Friday. Just one or two little things the dev doesn't say what they are.

Assuming that there aren't any as of right now, anyway......

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

E

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

TheAnomaly posted:

We just left at that point because it was either spirit box or spirit book, and there was just never enough time to get either done.

we've been just putting the spirit book in front of the video cameras so whoever is checking on stuff in the van can see if it's been written in lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

OBS always gives me problems but some of my friends can use it just fine. I guess it can be hit or miss? X-Split's pretty good.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they really need to add like hats and poo poo for money sinks. Make them cheap and lose-able like items. Give me a newsie fedora that the poltergeist can knock off of my head to spook me

let me spend a bunch of money to put a hat on the ghost

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I was thinking more like using in-game money to add temporary hats to your inventory but I wouldn't mind throwing the phasma dev a couple of bucks for some sweet sunglasses. If premium cosmetics did well maybe it would be more incentive for him to stick around.

e: looking at the dev's Trello I notice at some point he moved the Prison Level from the "backlog" section to the "in progress" section so hopefully we'll see that soon.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 13, 2020

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

E

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

someone who deserves to be haunted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

mercenarynuker posted:

The party hats were AMAZING, we were cackling about them for the entire round. Bring on TF2 hat shenanigans

Are those latin rhythms? I love latin rhythms.