Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Somehow when my buddy and I play, I am the ghost magnet and get killed. Just tonight, he ran into a room when the hunt started, I tried to follow him in but he closed the door. Managed to open the door, get in after him, BUT THE GHOST WAS IN THE ROOM ALREADY AND KILLED ME INSTEAD OF HIM. Wtf, game! Goons, please tell me how to be less tasty to ghosts and also make them kill my friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I'd love to see a graveyard level. Have crypts and tombs and stuff. Garden sheds for hiding. Maybe various sections could be a "room". I also think the levels need re-classification. Farmhouses prob Medium, High school is Large, and Prison/Asylum Extra Large or something. Or Asylum into loving Huge

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Is there much/any use for the sound stuff? The sound sensor/parabolic mic don't seem particularly useful to me, but maybe I am just doing it wrong? Is the sound sensor one of those things that you need three+ of them to help triangulate?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Ok, still struggling with the parabolic. When sweeping with it, how are you supposed to use it? Can you just point it down a hallway in, say, the high school and it will pick up any sounds in the classrooms on the side? Can I be running through the hallways and have it still work (like an EMF), or should I pause and scan for a moment (like a thermometer), or take a longer pause?

Does it amplify the sounds, or is it just the little numbers go up? What constitutes a possible reading, any number? Or just something above a certain amount? I get a lot of like 0.4 readings as I sweep, but I dunno if I'm moving too fast. Obviously higher number equals louder/closer, but what is considered a "high number"?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Hey everyone, want to make an easy :10bux:? You can complete the "Reach Zero Sanity" daily in the training mission!

Also, what are all these keys you can pick up for? Like obvs the front door key, and the car key lets you turn off the car alarm if it gets triggered. But what does, for instance, the Garage Key or Basement Key matter?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Biggest gripe I have about the new house: who the gently caress has glass-paned french style doors leading to their garage?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

1.) Bring smudge and lighter
2.) Light smudge and throw
3.) ???
4.) Whiteboard objective completed

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Big announcement! Candles burn 5% longer before extinguishing

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

It's British tomorrow already, where's my big announcement about all doors will now close and lock during hunts

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Asylum just takes forever. My group's first foray into the asylum was a Shade that just hid from us, making finding the room impossible, even with four people roaming the halls. Considering my group has since dropped to just my buddy and I, with an occassional third, high school is about as big as I go. I should try prison again, but I always get lost in there. I really like all of the town houses. Farmhouses are fine, too, but I like the one without an attic more than the one with

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Trello has a new card up about an August Update, so hopefully we see something soon! New evidence type, some model and other visual updates, sprinting updates (!?), and *REDACTED*, so possibly another new map or something? Also, their twitter has some pics of some of the model updates, and the poo poo rear end basic flashlight looks appropriately poo poo and rear end. I'd repost the pics, but mobile and... :effort:

That said, some of the level textures in the new stuff they posted looked a little nicer than it did before. What a difference having an actual artist does

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

August Update got moved to the Testing panel. Looks like the REDACTED was two new ghost types. On Twitter, they've added some kind of... lightsaber looking doodad?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Could do something with sound muting. It's a clicker, and if the click is muted or a lot quieter, could be spooks about!

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Did our first matches, running around a small house on amateur just so we could kind of figure out the new equipment and how some of the old stuff was changed. Camera was REAL nice. Spirit box is now kind of confusing. Then again, we didn't have a ghost that responded to it, so maybe it's more clear if that's the case?
Also, dot projector and camera was SUPER loving freaky! Spooky rear end ghost body flying at mach one through the hallways, and not even corresponding to the drat motion detectors!

Related: did they turn up the general activity level of the ghosts? They seemed a lot more active on the two maps we ran

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Azuth0667 posted:

It seems to be less visible overall and it seems like ghost writing refuses to happen.

We hucked two books out in a bathroom on our run, we got writing in both :shrug:

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

We just ran Edgefield, and I got a cold spot at the base of the stairs, with my buddy behind me. Suddenly HIISSSSSSS in my ear, and the door starts swinging closed; turned around and the shadowy motherfucker is RIGHT THERE on the stairs, trying to path through the railing to get at my tender bits. loving horrifying

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

There's a tall white dude who has the most unsettling and inhuman walk, coupled with a dead-eyed vacant stare. My buddy plays that one, and has scared the poo poo out of me multiple times thinking he's the ghost

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

The fact that you can cross off evidence is great. Zero ghost orbs in the place? Excellent, there goes a huge loving chunk of assholes

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Yeah, I had that issue as well, stars could be a little less muddled. Also, I want the UV glowsticks in the various fun new colors! Randomize them or whatever, I'm down. Or they can be a cross between glowsticks and candles, putting out light in an area for a limited amount of time that ghosts can't gently caress with

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

Do the ghosts wear party hats? This is important.

The party hats were AMAZING, we were cackling about them for the entire round. Bring on TF2 hat shenanigans

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Snow can actually kind of gently caress with ghost orb hunting on the new map. Also, freezing temps! It was freezing outside, the only indicator we had we were in the Ghost Zone was due to breath, which was a subtle cue

Edit: also, the contracts no longer move, so canonically, the new camp is in west Texas. So obviously my group was there last March

mercenarynuker fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 26, 2021

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

The door to the next room opens too, make sure to check that out

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I popped on a single player map in Tanglewood to see if I could quick and easy do a daily objective. Turned on the little lamp by the door, did my thing. Was in that front hallway investigating something, when the lamp goes dim. I start walking, and all of a sudden, the loving thing EXPLODES as I'm standing next to it, scaring the everloving poo poo outta me! I didn't realize that was a new ghost event they added :stare:

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I love finding the ouija when the daily or the map challenge is to go crazy. Just really lets me speedrun that down. Of course, now my tactic of rapidfiring inane questions about favorite soups and schoolteachers will need to be adjusted

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I have only gotten Twins on a tutorial map I played at the very start to check out some of the changes. If they hunt, are there two ghosts? Cuz that would be fuckin spooky and neat

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Now that they have outdoor maps, graveyard or bust

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Do the ghosts still make noise on the parabolic? I can never seem to use that thing well, and the one time it worked really well for me, there was some kind of weird murmuring or something I could hear

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I enjoy high school, but the sameness of the rooms is annoying. I actually kind of like sound sensors for those bigger maps, but where is room 23 in the high school? Is it one of the front rooms, or one on the sides? Which side is it? Kind if annoying when you have two people slapping down sensors and don't know which order they went out in. A label on the map like 1, 2, 3, 4 would be handy

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

We had one library ghost, and a locker room ghost which caught us way off guard, because that was the very first time ever that it was not in a classroom/bathroom for us

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

So we just found the music box on one of the road houses. Buddy opened it/turned it on? and Kris Kringle ghost immediately starts stalking around, fully visible RIGHT in front of us. We're standing outside, the door is full on open, and for one shining moment, I am terrified that motherfucker is going to come murder me on the porch. Didn't, but goddamn did I expect it to happen!

And then we found tarot cards. I drew a couple, dunno what they do. Then I draw the Hanged Man, again standing basically on the porch. Back off as soon as I draw, and I am killed in the street by the ghost, lmao

10/10, would ghost again

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

We actually got the Mimic, and I can't say I noticed too much different (then again, we were playing on Amateur to try and find and understand the new cursed posessions). We actually got 2/3 evidence narrowed down, and then saw some ghost orbs on a camera when the other two ghosts did not have that as evidence, so we all got really excited. Unfortunately, nothing really came of it. We did find a potato in Tanglewood, though!

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I dunno about the rest, but ours was a potato. With a face...

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

We finally found the new Ouija board! Got a pretty dostinct re-design. But... How do you actually use it? It no longer lights up to let you know that it's "listening", and nothing I asked got any responses, until something I said obviously pissed it off. It suddenly had glowy red handprints appear all over it, a hunt started, and given that the ghost's room was directly next to the door where I was trying this out, well, I did make over six hundo in insurance that run...

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

PantsOptional posted:

The music box causes the ghost to sing along, which helps locate it. However if you use it too close to the ghost it will manifest and walk toward the box. If that happens you have to set the box down (don’t drop it) because it starts a hunt if it reaches the box or if you drop it. I think it also starts the hunt if you try to run away with the box.

Given all of this, naturally the first time my group used the box was literally next to the ghost. Shortest hunt I’ve seen.

Lmao, oh, you too?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

We cannot find the drat mirror in our group. We triggered cursed hunts with the summoning circle (and died), used the music box successfully and not, managed to escape a cursed hunt with the voodoo doll, gravely misunderstood how the new ouija board functions next to the ghost, and had ALL sorts of whacky misadventures with the tarot. But the mirror refuses to spawn

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I am super about the equipment upgrade system. I see that big rear end UV light on the shelf in the garage, and goddamn would it be nice to bring along

Also, you can't hit the friend above the garage with a snowball, your noodle arms can't throw them far enough :(

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I can't tell you the number of times the ghost has chosen that front hallway as its room. Or how it will sometimes manifest on camera and just stare at wherever someone is in the house. loving creepiest poo poo ever

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I got a chance to try Phas in VR this past weekend, and hoooooollllllly poo poo, it felt way different than on the monitor. Levels felt way bigger. Just did Tanglewood, but despite some graphical jaggies, the neighborhood actually kinda of felt like I was on a suburban street somewhere. Being able to get way closer to objects was bizarre. And lastly, I stuck around for a hunt, and was promptly murdered by the ghost. My buddy was recording me with his phone, and got a great vid of me letting out a scream when the ghost hunted basically right in front of me and instant-killed my dumb rear end :iia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I'm pissed that my pal Spooky Steve is gone from the new office. Bring back Spooky Steve and his rafters!