Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I was playing this with my partner, using the in game radio chat for extra atmosphere and my parrot squawked, which went through the game chat distorted a bit and it scared the piss out of my partner.

10/10 would ghost hunt with a parrot again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I haven't, but I am dead inside from year of lovely movies and TV.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Vorenus posted:

I absolutely had nightmares after playing this. Nothing that woke me up, but definitely unpleasant dreams.

I also nearly poo poo myself when a ghost started hunting while almost on top of a crucifix. For reference, the crucifix was at the foot of a bathtub and it started hunting at the head of the bathtub. Maybe if I actually die in game it would make further play less spooky?

I don't know if it makes it less spooky, but its definately much less stressful. Before I died I was dreading getting caught by the ghost because I was expecting a whole bunch of cheap jumpscares and loud noises, which is not what I want late at night playing video games. But its not that at all.

So the game is still spooky as poo poo and still fun to argue who is going to leave The Safety Van to go and turn the camera on (because you forgot to switch it on before placing it), but now I don't feel like I need to be ready to hit the mute button on my headset if I get caught in a bad place during a hunt.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
played with goons and my parrot scared the poo poo out of them over coms

good bird :birddrugs:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Had a great ghost hunt with some friends last night (despite half the team having headset issues to they couldn't hear us half the time), with a great spooky encounter.

Found the ghost room on the second floor of the suburban house, set up the camera and got some orbs, found some hand prints, wanted to get some EVP to be sure that we didnt get a false positive on the other evidence, so we all pile into the ghost room so we can use the ghostbox and have a chat with our friend. One of our team already has the UV light out and inspecting thing, I ask the ghost "where are you?" and the EVP box comes back with "HERE" and handprints begin to appear all over the walls.

Naturally we all poo poo ourselves and bolt out of the room, only to remember photographs, so we all Scooby Doo back up the stairs and into the room to photograph the handprints before they vanish, and then leg it back to the van before we all die.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
also never play this game with Australians as you will get into an argument about whether or not to use salt or chicken salt to see ghost footprints.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

algebra testes posted:

"Any reason why we can't do this during the day time?"

*audibly annoyed team mates* "Because Ghosts don't come out in the day."

get out of my game, pubbie

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

HexiDave posted:

Was tinkering with modding a bit and found reference to a ProtonPack object, so fingers crossed!

As much as I love Ghostbusters, I don't think a proton pack would fit the vibe of this game. The slow burn horror it has going on is great, and I think having a way to violently fight the ghost like that would take away a bit of its charm.

As an optional bonus level or something like that though? Hell yeah go hog wild.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

algebra testes posted:

I think a "third phase" where you place candles, then one person reads from a book while the others do something else would be great.

"Misidentified the ghost? Cool it's going on a mega hunt for 5 minutes better run, son!"
"Used the wrong exorcism? You're in trouble now!"

i read from the book wrong
as a joke

*insane poltergeist activity intensifies*

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I would love if you could get a set up in the van with multiple monitors, so your team can all have shoulder cams and the Van Person could monitor the whole team, like in Aliens. Everyone has a night vision cam, so the team relies on using torches (and directions from the Van Person) to do poo poo, they can watch for orbs etc.

Maybe the cameras have modes that can only be seen from the monitor in the van so you have an incentive to have 3 people in the house scanning around with one in the van keeping an eye on poo poo.

look i just want to replay the reactor scene from Aliens except with ghosts ok, just give me this.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
We had an uncooperative ghost that wasn't giving us the third piece of evidence, so I called it a motherfucker which imediately triggerd a hunt and killed someone lol

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
We did the school for the first time last night (we are all still around level 5 or 6, so no assylum or harder difficulties yet), and we lucked out big time: we got a ghost that leaves ghost orbs behind, and managed to spot them on the school security cameras from the van.

We knew where to look for the ghost room, and managed to get all 3 bits of evidence, ID the ghost, all optional objectives and some good photo evidence too. It was a very quick and professional run.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Oni are motherfuckers, we just did a Professional game at the school, and I think we had at least 6 hunts, probably more, and somehow we all managed to survive all of them.

We had a bit of trouble finding the ghost room, thought it was downstairs but turned out to be upstairs. A hunt starts which leaves 1 of us in one of the corner classrooms, 2 downstairs and me in the van. Once that hunt is over, we have ANOTHER hunt within seconds. After than one is over two of the spookhunters get out of the school and I am just about to start walking my partner through getting out of the school with the map when ANOTHER hunt starts. Watching the ghost walk up and down the halls but never going into the room they are hiding in. As we all head into the school to try and throw down crucifixes etc and rescue my partner who refuses to leave that room, another hunt starts (leaving me with nowhere to hide as I am in the foyer so I just hide behind a pillar and hope for the best), we get upstairs and somehow get a bit of evidence and ANOTHER loving HUNT starts as we are leaving, we all manage to get into seperate classrooms and survive.

We all got out but still only had 2 bits of evidence and hadnt triggered all the objectives, so 2 spookhunters pop their meth and go back inside to try and get the last piece of evidence and trigger hunt now the crucifix is in the ghost room. Hunt triggers almost immediately (as we got the crucifix objective), get the last bit of evidence and then one final hunt before we left, with 2 of our spookhunters on zero sanity I think.

loving tough mission but it was good fun and very rewarding (except for the one spookhunter than spent half the mission time hiding under a desk).

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Got killed by the ghost when I was outside the house.

One hunter was inside, the rest of us were outside when the hunt started, so we all ran to the front of the house to peer in through the windows and get photos. It chased my friend around for a bit and couldn't catch him, which is when it apparently spotted me through the front door. Walked towards the door for a bit, before vanishing and got me as I stood a few feet back on the front porch.

It was pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I would spend a lot of money for a Dana Scully character model.