Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I feel like the best way to make large maps work is to make them unsymmetrical and varied in the rooms and areas you can check. Asylum, and HS to a lesser extent, aren't super fun to hunt in initially because they're both large, symmetrical so the walking isn't very interesting, multifloored with both floors having nearly the same layouts, and full of identical looking rooms. I like prison more than either of these because while it has multiple levels each one has unique rooms so there's more to explore. It also gets around the identical room issue by making it so the ghost haunts a whole section of the cells rather than one individual one. I think a mansion level would work well since it could have a lot of variety in layout design, I'm less convinced that apartments or a hotel would be good because there would be less of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I feel like shrinking the school down to one floor and making fewer but more visually distinct classrooms would go a long way towards improving the map. Add some administrative and staff areas to break up the symmetry and you'd have a large map that feels a lot more interesting to explore