Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Hell yeah Phasmaphobia thread!

Here is the Co-op Goon discord link where we've been organizing Phasma games.. It's run by Vox and you'll need to go through the authentication channel before you can start gaming, make sure to get the LFSpooks role from the bot!

That said, here are some more hot tips for ghost hunting if you're just starting:

-The Safety preperation timer for a hunt on amateur and intermediate difficulty does not start until you unlock the front door of the location, so no need to rush until everyone is ready with the tools they want.

- Read the whiteboard. The biggest thing to pay attention to other than side objectives and ghost name obvs is whether or not the ghost reacts to everyone or someone being alone. This can be a big difference in how long it takes to get a ghost to provide certain types of evidence.

-Figured out a piece of evidence that requires a particular tool? Congrats, mark it in your journal and toss that tool on the floor, you don't need it anymore. At the end of every hunt if you have not died all equipment is returned to you regardless of where it is.

-Do not say the ghost's name unless you're actively trying to piss the ghost off. If you're trying to ask a question to get it to respond to a Spirit Box or just get it to do something, saying its name will override the question and default to making it angrier. If your goal is to make it do spooky poo poo or start a hunt, go hog wild with its name and insults.

- This advice was stated before but try to get as many of the side objectives done as you can and try to have at least one or two people carrying a photo camera around to take pics of spooky poo poo for money. However, after a certain amount of time has passed just leave. Not entirely sure what the ghost type is? That's fine, just make a guess. There is no penalty for guessing wrong aside from a measly $10, and a massive penalty if you die trying to figure out what the ghost is. Generally I find if a hunt is pushing more than 20/30 minutes (small/large maps) than it's starting to be not worth staying longer.

- Level 10 ghost activity does not equal a hunt. It can also be indication of a Ghost Event occurring or the ghost doing something extra spooky that involves a manifestation. If you have a truck monkey obviously it's good for them to mention it's level 10 activity, but a hunt is typically very obvious when it is starting (flickering flashlight).

Most of all, have fun and get spooked. Don't feel like try harding and just want to go in to die everytime to a spooky ghost? Go for it! Want to hide in the truck and watch all your friends die? Hell yes! Want to insult the ghost before scooby-doo running to a closet and praying it won't find you? That's fine to. This game is pretty unique as of right now and I look forward to seeing what the dev can add.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Bioshuffle posted:

How the does the Crucifix objective work? I had it on the ground, but the ghost refused to go into attack mode. I dropped the crucifix on the ground as soon as the flashlights started flashing, but I still died. Do I need to have it equipped?

It's probably one of the trickiest objectives to get because you need to put the ghost in a mode where it will murder. The most important thing is to isolate the room you think it will spawn in (it's "favorite" room) and then chuck a crucifix in as center a position as possible. If the room is especially big (classrooms in highschool, big living rooms in farmhouse, *sigh* Asylum), you may need two crucifix to cover the whole room. To clarify, the crucifix must be on the ground or in your hand and presented already when the ghost tries to spawn in. If your flashlight is flickering it is too late. Only smudge sticks will buy you some time to get away at that point.

The way it works is if a ghost tries to spawn in to hunt in a certain AOE around a crucifix, the hunt will be cancelled. This AOE is not humongous so you generally need to know where the ghost is most likely to spawn and sometimes you just get straight up unlucky. There is no indication that a hunt has been cancelled by a crucifix unless you notice the crucifix has disappeared (meaning it has cancelled two hunts for you) or you have the objective available and it has greyed out to indicate completion.

Generally if the ghost is in a big room and we have the objective I won't bother with it because the reward does not outweigh the risk. Of course you'll keep the crucifix around to try and stop a hunt from happening while you try to figure out what it is, but I won't go out of my way to try and force it. Hell even if you're positive what room a ghost is in sometimes it just won't initiate a hunt no matter how hard you try to piss it off regardless of difficulty.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

GyverMac posted:

Me and two buddies encountered the weirdest ghost last night. It was on the grafton farmhouse level. We went in with emf and temperature reader, scoured the entire house from top to bottom, found jack poo poo, except for a bone. However the first weird thing was that the ghost started to hunt me really early on, before the 5 minute countdown was finished. The hunt lasted for a few seconds, and stopped as soon as i exited the room i was in. We set up a camera in that room and went back and forth trying to provoke it, but no dice. No temp, no EMF no spriti box, or orbs. We figure we should go for a second sweep of the house, and then suddenly in the opposite end of the house the ghost started to hunt us again and killed me dead. My brave friends promptly hosed off to the van and left. Turns out it was a Jinn. But they are supposed to be territorial and be less likely to move from their chosen haunt... And they are usually easy to find with the emf, and the spirit box. A bug maybe?

Yurei are typically the territorial ghosts, Jinn just move super fast if you have the power on. The ghosts that don't have Freezing Temperatures as evidence can be real bastards to find sometimes because you can sweep an entire house and there will be no abnormal temps. Having an EMF reader out becomes more important at those points since it'll only go off in the vicinity of the ghost when it does spooky poo poo. Another thing you could do is bring a motion detector or two and put it in an area you suspect the ghost to be to see if you've gotten the general area right. And if you're really struggling, you can move the detector around the house to narrow down where it might be wandering.

Sounds like an odd bug though with a ghost going into hunt mode during the 5 minute safety prep. Did you check that the clock in the truck hadn't ticked down to 0:00 or that you weren't on a higher difficulty? Ghosts get way more aggressive on professional on top there being no safety prep time. Hell even if it was on intermediate 2 minutes can go real fast.

edit: as for where the ghost started hunting you from, you may just not have realized its fave room was on the side of the house you switched to, in addition to the fact Jinn are insanely fast with the power on that it might have just zoomed across the map to murder you.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 15, 2020

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

GyverMac posted:

Huh. I could swear I read that Jinn is the territorial one. I also thought the Yurei is the sanity lowering ghost. (Looking at it drops your sanity faster than the other ones). I guess i need to read the journal more often. Well if the Jinn is the fast one, then the attack patterns makes more sense. Dunno why he was hatin on me so much though, it was my buddy who loudly proclaimed to have intimate knowledge with his wife over and over!

The unique strengths and weaknesses of a ghost can tell you some of what to expect out of them, it's the entry at the top that's important to pay attention to as well!

Also this game still has stuff in it that isn't understood like this:

dogstile posted:

Also Ouija boards can just take you out of the prep phase and immediately initiate a hunt.

is something I had no idea about. I mean I rarely if ever see a Ouija board in a location and haven't actually ever bothered trying to use it myself personally when we do find one so this would absolutely blindside me.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

GyverMac posted:

Huh. I could swear I read that Jinn is the territorial one. I also thought the Yurei is the sanity lowering ghost. (Looking at it drops your sanity faster than the other ones). I guess i need to read the journal more often. Well if the Jinn is the fast one, then the attack patterns makes more sense. Dunno why he was hatin on me so much though, it was my buddy who loudly proclaimed to have intimate knowledge with his wife over and over!

Actually gonna take this back as my mistake, Jinn are the territorial ones! Still feels like Yurei are kinda territorial too, def had them be more aggressive in their rooms.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 16, 2020

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

dogstile posted:

Huh, that's weird, i've never actually seen that bug.

https://trello.com/b/9QrnqQ1j/phasmophobia

He's got a feature map/bug fix, etc up if you're interested.

Oh man some of those changes and features sound nuts. Also some of the bugs listed that need fixing are kind of interesting. Don't tab out I guess since that breaks voice recog.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The thing I'm reluctant to see about that change is sometimes the thermometer actually doesn't help you find the ghost, especially if it's not a freezing temp ghost. Hell, sometimes it is a freezing temp ghost and the temp never actually drops below freezing. That, coupled with the large maps being so ridiculously large and the Parabolic Mic and Sound Sensor basically being useless it might swing the game more in the direction of frustrating on the larger maps. On the smaller maps though it should be far less of an issue because you can cover them quicker and make better use of the other tools since it's easier to return to the truck.

Being able to choose your difficulty as well once they've been unlocked will also be a big difference, I haven't gotten to do nearly as many Professional hunts as I'd like and being able to quickly locate the ghost is pretty crucial.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

veni veni veni posted:

This! The first time I died I got all excited because I figured I could mess with players. Being dead in this game is so boring. It'd also be fun if you could see the ghost while dead, but that would suck a lot of the horror out of it so I get why you can't do that.

You can talk to teammates while dead if you are using discord. Although I don't recommend it. First off, Discord breaks the voice detection stuff for me at least and I can't talk to the ghosts. It also just all around makes it less fun. The prox chat/radio combo is much more immersive.

You can see the ghost while you're dead actually! While I haven't seen it myself (haven't died yet :smuggo:) there's been a post in the horror megathread about being able to witness the ghost while you're dead moving around and being in rooms with living players without actually manifesting. At some point I'll probably go into a round without bringing extra stuff and planning on dying so I can see it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Babe Magnet posted:

Apparently the dev has stated that the next ghost model (not type like Banshee or Demon, but the visual appearance) is a wall/ceiling crawler lmao

:yikes:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Bioshuffle posted:

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have had trouble sleeping after playing this late at night? I have had moments of hesitation while going to the kitchen for a midnight snack.

This friggin game.

The first couple of times playing I absolutely had trouble sleeping, especially the first night. Even had some dreams that woke me up. After playing it some more I've gotten over that but sometimes a particularly intense session will at least send me into a read till it's off my mind mode.

Tbh the most spooky thing about the game is just the oppressive ambient noise when you go into a house. It does the perfect job of putting you on edge if it's all you have to pay attention to, especially when wandering around the high school or asylum.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The big thing to know is that once you start to do Intermediate and Professional difficulty contracts, you will start raking in money. Higher difficulties provide a money multiplier, letting you make some real bank if you get a bunch of pictures.

The "Identify the ghost" objective though seems very jank in terms of sometimes making you $10 and sometimes you get $60. No idea why with no real thing to point at. Maybe it has to do with getting the acutal evidence yourself? I dunno.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Communist Thoughts posted:

What does difficulty do?

reduces the safety timer (Intermediate to 2 minutes, Professional to no safety time), provide a multiplier to the cash you earn and make the ghost more aggressive.

During the safety time provided by Amateur and Intermediate, the ghost cannot start a hunt. It also tends to be a bit more inactive sometimes, with the closer to the safety timer being up the more active it can become.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Man I wonder who this Evil Kit guy is, they sound handsome, smart and cool. It was pretty comedic timing I bet, and he takes full credit. Also, he still hasn't died yet. :smuggo:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Elendil004 posted:

I sure hope he's a budget-tier streamer on an already-dead platform so he has a video capture.

Here is some found footage revealing the last moments before Chet's untimely and unfortunate demise. The actual death has been excised to reduce the traumatic impact of the experience.

Also, rude.

To add to the conversation on modifiers, it would def be cool and would also have to be considered in relation to how it could affect the ghosts themselves. Power permanently out? Better hope it's not a Mare. Power permanently on? Better hope it's not a Jinn. That said, there could be a whole bunch of cool things it could add and I'm really looking forward to more stuff being added in general.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 18, 2020

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

veni veni veni posted:

Can the ghosts actually lock doors on hard difficulties? On amateur at least, they just close them. Although the games controls are so fumbly sometimes it feels like getting locked in regardless.

I had one lock a door on me in amateur so yes.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Cobbsprite posted:

The exit doors lock when a hunt starts. The interior doors don't lock, but the panic of trying to find a good hide at the last second can make you fumble.

I had one last night in a high school where we knew the ghost was in a bathroom and I was trying to get pics of it. I hid in a bathroom stall THREE TIMES because it started hunting. Hearing it walking just outside, quietly making GBS threads myself and praying it didn't figure out how to open the stall door.

A ghost can also lock doors in the interior of a house. Source: a banshee locking the door to the garage when I was trying to provoke it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Today I learned: As long as the ghost isn't a Jinn with the power on or a Revenant, so long as you can run in a straight line (like in Asylum/ Highschool) you can outrun ghosts during a hunt.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

dogstile posted:

Yeah i played a bunch of games with vets earlier who would go in, figure out what the ghost was, do the easy objectives (smudge stick, motion detector, etc) and then just leave. Even on professional you'll be out before the ghost gets mad. Kinda sucked. I've had much more fun pissing off the ghost so i can get a crucifix prevention going.

Also calling the ghost a stupid motherfucker can and will break two crucifix's and trigger a hunt. Guess how i know.

Motherfucker is one of the stronger attack trigger words! So yes, seems obvious why you would know.

For the record I work efficiently because I am a couple spooks away from making GBS threads my pants (metaphorically).

Story time! While playing last night with a group of friends after doing some games with goons, we actually got an intermediate High School contract with a ghost we know fondly despise called B-Ball Williams. B-Ball Williams was a right rear end in a top hat whose room we could not find despite sinking probably a 25+ minutes into the contract. At the start when we spread out I kept hearing the sound of a bouncing basketball like the one in the game lobby you can shoot hoops with. Regularly every minute or so for a while with me asking if anyone else heard it. I got a resounding "No" from my friends so I, spooked as I was, moved on as we kept searching for the ghost. I start making my way to the second floor from the right flight of stairs and notice two basketballs on the landing inbetween floors stacked up with each other. I radio my friends for them to come see, and I hear back that they found it and that there are THREE basketballs... except they weren't anywhere near me. The left flight of stairs on the opposite side of the school had three basketballs at the bottom of the stairs against the hallway wall instead of on the landing. Throughout the rest of the time trying to find the ghost, another two basketballs got rolled down the stairs even through three hunts from the ghost did to try and murder us. We all survived, gathered up in the truck, all agreed we couldn't find wherever the hell this ghost was hanging out to try and get evidence and said "gently caress B-ball Williams." We made a guess and went home. To this day, we believe B-ball Williams is still manifesting infinite basketballs to roll down the stairs of that high school.

(It was an Oni for those wondering.)

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Olesh posted:

The entire hallway on Highschool is considered one contiguous "room" as far as the game is concerned. I haven't personally seen a ghost have its home in the high school hallway, but I've had it where hallways on other maps were the "ghost room" so it's possible that one of the hallways was the actual "ghost room", in which case good loving luck. If the ghost was based out of the hallway, then it could potentially be wandering the entire length of the school at any given time.

We had guessed this was the case, I especially since it dropped basketballs down both flights of stairs. But seriously, gently caress B-ball Williams. Total prick.

Cobbsprite posted:

I love this kinda poo poo. It feels really great when you identify the room and then the ghost type and get your objectives/photos really fast and get out with big cash, but it feels really SPOOKY when you can't nail that fucker down and they keep creeping you out. On the same side, if it was ALL that kind of trip, it would lose the fun. So I'm glad that both exist. We're still in EARLY early access, so we can expect to see a lot more as time goes on.

Adding to the list of "Challenge Runs"

* No flashlights, light switches and UV lights only
* No radio, local voice only
* No light switches, basic flashlights only
* Gobble your crazy pills before you open the door
* Must Take All Equipment Back To The Van
* Only one identifying tool allowed at a time
* You must start every sentence with the ghost's name

Honestly? Not sure I can agree with the no flashlights one, especially with Asylum existing as it does. There are 0 lightswitchs in two main wings except in individual rooms or the light switches are impossible to find. I guess you could just carry a candle everywhere but that just sounds even more painful cause you'd need to keep a lighter around to light it again if it goes out.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Those changes all look pretty great! Gonna need to hop back in to see how it feels now with some of the bugs squashed, and it'll be nicer getting new people into it if there aren't more voice issues.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Cobbsprite posted:

Has anyone else noticed the voodoo dolls?

Yes. Take a picture of them to get an Interaction photo evidence for sweet $$$ and don't actually every touch them otherwise.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The game as is has two big problems right now imo. Once you realize what they are some of the spook factor of the game is just gone.

1. Read this or don't, you have been warned. It's not crucial to know. Jinn, Revenant and Wraiths are the only three ghosts I am genuinely scared being hunted by. Why? Because every other ghost type can be outrun by the player in a straight line. Hell the Wraith is only dangerous because it can just not give a poo poo about walls, it's still only as fast as the player. This makes it essentially impossible to die on High School and Asylum if you know the ghost type or have eliminated those three ghost types and it's still possible to do donuts in some of the roadhouses and farm houses in certain rooms. If every ghost type is changed to be slightly faster than the player hunts will upgrade back to terrifying instead of just stressful for me.

2. Draw distance. I hate how short it is, of all the things in this game this is the most immersion breaking aspect for me. It's especially noticeable on the big maps and is glaringly bad on high school on one of the upper floor hallway cameras. I assume the draw distance is as such for the VR users but give me an option to turn it up or something. Especially since you can get far enough away from the ghost when it hunts to not be able to hear it moving around because draw distance is culling the noises and its model.

Game is still hella fun and spooky.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Mongoose posted:

I realized the first point a while back and have been enjoying the game more for the control it gives me. There's still plenty of challenge when you have three teammates flopping around missing all the evidence to the point that you have to go solo investigate to actually get anything, or when you want to push the limits to get a ghost photo. And even with the best laid escape plans, I've had a few wraiths that randomly popped through my door on the complete opposite side of the house and floor from the ghost room.

I can actually understand this because I sort of felt the same way. While it does feel diminishing to the actual horror itself, knowing you have that bit of control makes it easier to go in to try and provoke the ghost to get pictures or get a hunt objective. Even knowing it the game is still spooky regardless, it just becomes manageably spooky. Unless it's a Revenant, Jinn or Wraith. Then it's all hands on "gently caress this poo poo I'm out".

Cobbsprite posted:

I've been having fun lately playing "Competitive Mode", where we don't say what evidence we've gotten and each person has to try to identify the ghost for themselves. Turns out I am not the best among my friends at getting evidence fast. I did, however, have a really good one where the friend and I played a Professional high school and we took so long trying to find the room and the evidence that we started getting chain-hunted by the ghost. We mutually decided to truce it out and work together before either one of us got killed.

This actually sounds pretty interesting, I might propose this to some goons to try out. Do you have people going out of their way to hide the ghost writing book if it's been written in?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Cobbsprite posted:

Sometimes, but having two books makes that harder to do. Plus if one type of evidence is suddenly missing, that does say a LITTLE bit.

Fair. Has your group ever done a limited evidence gathering tool version or just brought everything you could to make sure everyone has a fair shot?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Bondematt posted:

Man, we just had an intermediate High School where the entire front hall was cold, but we could not get anything out of the ghost. No EMF, Temps below ~52f, Spirit Walkie Talkie, Blacklight, Cameras, book, nothing.

I ended up guessing shade when we left after we all went insane and ran out of :catdrugs: , and was right. Just could not get it to do anything other than hunt, and it started everywhere in that hall.

We even walked up and down the halls just shouting it's name. Well I didn't, but both my friends did, and of course right when they got out the doors slammed shut and a hunt started. I just boogied upstairs and never saw her.

Hall ghosts on the bigger maps are the worst imo. You wander around praying you can find a spot it will respond without having nearly enough sanity to do so. Needs some kind of change on the bigger maps either limiting the ghost to a smaller area of the hall or better detection tools to narrow down its location.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Some fun things about certain ghosts I learned from other goons:

Phantom: whether not implemented properly or bugged, apparently the Phantom ghost type can manifest as a ghost hunter. It picks a model of one of the hunters and appears. Makes falling into the trap of staring at it to drop your sanity quickly much nastier. Also creepy. Apparently an obvious tell is if the ghost hunter isn't holding any equipment out.

Banshee: Apparently one of the ghost types that can hunt during the safety timer! The reason is both simple and difficult to accomplish: the Banshee's target (which apparently it picks right at the start of the match) must enter the Banshee's LoS for 20 seconds. This will trigger it to hunt regardless of safety timer/sanity.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Bondematt posted:

My favorite walky talky question is still just, "Hello"

Especially when the ghost then slams the door, appears, and starts walking at you.

my favorite so far has been a blatent lie from the ghost. When asking how old it is I got back an "Old" response after clearly watching it manifest in one of the child forms.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

there have been pretty regular groups playing on the co-op goon discord. I believe I've linked it in a previous post of the thread, check my posts button.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

SpudCat posted:

I would spend all the dollars to buy a knockoff Ghostbusters outfit for my character.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

And yes, it is very active. Generally you see at least one group going a night or every other night at least. Grab the role and say hi, generally you will get more success in the evenings getting a group rolling though.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Scalding Coffee posted:

I got what people call a haunting in the van. Couldn't hear anything. I thought the van was a safe spot. I was getting bitched out so much from the group when I could hear things again.

If you mean the ghost was hunting, then yes you should be safe in the truck barring bugs or a radical patch change. During a hunt the radio (global) chat doesn't work and thus you're stuck watching any cameras that might have been set up while waiting to see if someone stuck in the house dies. If you happen to be stuck in the location during a hunt yourself don't talk! It just lets the ghost know where you are.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I only play with friends because watching others reactions is more fun.

That's what I tell myself as I expediently exit a location after discovering the ghost is a revenant while cursing in non-trigger words and refuse to enter again. Not because I'm scared, just cause it's prudent.

Yeah.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Beasteh posted:

I hosed around and found out with a Revenant exactly once and now I have a healthy respect for hunts until I figure out whether it is a Revenant or not

I also recommend you extend this respect to Jinn. If I have even a whiff of it being a Jinn (even if it might be a Mare instead) I slam the breaker off in the location. You aren't running me down you Jinn rear end in a top hat!

until it turns the breaker back on itself right before initiating a hunt

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Dear Prudence posted:

So is this pretty much dead? I just found out about this game a week ago and started playing. Do goons no longer really play this?

You still get semi-regular groups getting spooked on the co-op goons discord!

Speaking personally I'm waiting for a bit more of a substantial update and with a lot more activity from the dev it shouldn't be too far off. Also the forever problem of having many other equally good games to play. Usually I'll join in if there's a spot if the Get Spooky call goes out though.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

durrneez posted:

hahaha.

my friend just started playing and she stood there and said, "hey my flashlight is flickering" while the rest of us ran away

i've been playing beta. is it just me or is it way harder to get the ghosts to manifest (unless it's an oni)? i feel like i've been yelling the stupid ghost's name and "show yourself" and not getting anything besides hunts. we've tried antagonizing the ghost with everyone around and with only one person on different maps.

I don't know if it's a bug or just some ghosts are really shy but certain ghost types really feel like they don't want to manifest, or if they do they do it in an awkward spot you won't notice and then immediately disappear after. Hell, anecdotally the ghost type I generally have the most trouble seeing manifest is the Phantom and it is literally the "when it reveals itself you lose shitloads of insanity if you look at it".

amigolupus posted:

Catsworth and Slowbeef play together once every week and this happened:

https://clips.twitch.tv/IgnorantUgliestGazelle

:allears:

That link is dead for me, just an fyi.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Evidence I'm willing to believe have bugged out based on playing the game a lot via ranking system from most often to least seen:

1) Ghost Orbs
2) Ghost Orbs
3) Ghost Orbs
4) Ghost Orbs
5) EMF 5
6) Ghost Orbs
7) Spirit Box
8) Ghost Writing
9) Fingerprints

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

There's been a few recent fixes/buffs that should make both the Parabolic Mic and Sound Sensor better (Sensor had a bug that was just fixed that prevented it from detecting ghost footsteps if it was too high up ). That said with no in-game guide for what sound levels = what actions it's kinda difficult to make use of them effectively.

Sound Sensor overall is gonna be much better for large maps imo if you're trying to find the ghost I think. Infrared Sensors is straight up just a motion sensor that also lights up so it's basically another 4 of those. I did wish it did something like slow the ghost down or something if they walked through it as a sort of defensive measure you could set up to buy time.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

My core issue with all the extra tool bits is you A) don't have the room to effectively bring them along while also bringing the more important tools for discovering evidence and B) the amount of time (most specifically on Professional) to figure out the ghost type before you run out of sanity and it starts chain hunting is kind of short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

That's loving amazing, I wish that was in the game. "Susan Williams, cook me an egg!" and the ghost just manifests and slaps a frying pan with an egg down on a surface before throwing it at you.