Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

great username
Dec 28, 2023

So, started this up with the kiddo and a group of friends and we're having some fun, but my gamer brain is triggering a lot and I have weird questions that seems impossible to find the answer to in the AI algo slop and suppositional fandom wikis, so I thought I'd ask here and get some ideas, because while the experience factor is REALLY fun, I still want to "game" the game a bit.

1. Is the "ghost" always "loaded" in the house and wandering around/doing things? I know 99% of the time they're invisible unless they manifest/hunt, but aside from that, are they always motoring around potentially interacting with objects or creating cold spots or whatever else? Or does the ghost itself only prowl around when it's doing an event? While dead, I've seen it hunting others, it just would kill someone, vanish, pop out of its favorite room again, kill someone, vanish, etc. Is this cycle similar for events/manifestations as well?

2. Are events that can give "evidence" different from general events and interactions? It often feels like we'll catch something spooky, like something moving or being manipulated or whatever, and try to jump onto that area with evidence detectors and often get nothing, getting evidence often feels random/arbitrary.

3. Are objects being tossed/manipulated/turned on a different type of "event" or something very low impact? Aside from snapping photos, or maybe helping to confirm if you're in the favorite room, they don't seem very useful for anything.

I've got about 5-6 hours in the game, maybe all this comes with more experience, but I'm hoping to just get a handle on the gameplay flow better so that there's less wandering around feeling sorta spooked until you get a bit bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

great username
Dec 28, 2023

Awesome info, thank you all so much!

Sounds like we need to get some more of the tools and gadgets unlocked. The progression gating seems a bit severe, but no matter, everyone is having a blast. Great game concept for real.

I'm surprised they haven't realized how easy it would be to tack on a ghost hunting/capturing addon or mode. New tools/challenges that don't revolve around identification but instead corralling and containment perhaps, not sure.