Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Is player and the office guy's voice really quiet for anyone else? I have my friend's voice slider up to 100% but can barely hear her and when loading into the truck the office guy's announcement is hardly audible. I have to put my windows sounds loudness equalization on to help hear more, but then that messes up other game audio levels understandably. I'm not seeing any mention of it elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Though staying alive and guessing the right ghost helps most with earning XP/money, you can tweak some custom difficulty settings to make it not too much more difficult but give better rewards (some settings mainly remove some convenience more than change difficulty). It helps ease the gear unlock pains a little bit.
Go to Tanglewood or Camp Woodwind and once you get an OK handle on finding the right room and setting up equipment you can get through a round pretty quickly.

For example, I use this custom mode a lot. This setup makes being hunted quite challenging, though, so I avoid that and miss out on any objectives related to it. You can tweak it depending on comfort level to get more than what other modes might pay without increasing the difficulty .

Also, if you hadn't seen this site yet, it helps a lot with learning ghost behaviors:
https://tybayn.github.io/phasmo-cheat-sheet/

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I prefer glow sticks to the tier 2 and 3 lights anyways. I think it affects the tier 1 dots light as well, but don't exactly remember.