Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

SaffronKit posted:

The unique strengths and weaknesses of a ghost can tell you some of what to expect out of them, it's the entry at the top that's important to pay attention to as well!

Also this game still has stuff in it that isn't understood like this:

is something I had no idea about. I mean I rarely if ever see a Ouija board in a location and haven't actually ever bothered trying to use it myself personally when we do find one so this would absolutely blindside me.

Pretty sure one ghost, maybe Phantom can spawn right out of the board to spook ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

More maps more spooks bug fixes

Dev really does not need to go to nuts beyond that with this formula.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

If there’s one change I’d want it’d be a real sprint but it has pretty limited endurance. It would make traversing the asylum a little less painful, add some verisimilitude when you’re jump scared and try to bolt for the door, and make it feel like you have a chance to outrun the ghost (but you still probably can’t)

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I agree with whoever said the asylum is underwhelming and dull.

I know a mansion is on its way and when it drops I’m sure it’s gonna be a fairly realistic slightly gothic one, at best maybe a little ResEvil-y but I hope it goes full supernatural cuckoo bananas and is a riff on the Winchester House or something.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Candles are not a waste you clowns. Put them around the Ouija and have a seance with the teddy bears, duh.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Smudge nerf is brutal, new map is great, haven't seen a new ghost yet. 4/5 will keep getting spooked with griends

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I haven't played in a while but it doesn't sound like the sticks got nerfed. It sounds like the smoking animation was reduced to 6 seconds to match the actual effect on the ghost:

Correct. Insym has a video on it and he even didn't realize how smudges worked before talking to the dev. It's not a major change, turns out.

Best hiding spots on the new map are behind the dresser in the master bed, near the washer/dryer in the garage (except when a fuckin garage ghost spawns right there RIP me), and most of the basement. Those french garage doors are indeed hideous.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 14, 2021

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

You have to wait until the ghost is close to you to start the smudge. I don't think you can smudge from outside the range and bring it in while it's smoking, I've gotten killed every time

When I have the "smudge during a hunt" objective I'll usually wait near my chosen hiding spot, trigger a hunt, then yell until the ghost comes to me so I can smudge it and quick dip into my hiding spot

Correct you have to punch the ghost in the face with a newly lit stick to repel it during a hunt.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ghosts do NOT gently caress around now. Our crew of goofs that could Scooby Gang our way through anything was getting bodied now.

DOTS not working definitely didn’t help but ghosts seems to spawn in your mouth far more often.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The new journal is incredible. Also happy 1 year :toot:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Not loving the update. I noticed the devs playing with streamers like Insym a lot and he’s done a ton of good for the game by breaking it over his knee repeatedly (and appears to be really nice for a streamer) but it seems like they balance the game around him, a level 6000, not your average dumbfuck like me.

Not super interested in following a ghost all over the map and then having it spawn on my head.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Prison has enough unique poo poo to keep it interesting especially in a full party. Asylum and HS need top to bottom overhauls.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

You have the drop a planchette on it which iirc is activated the same way you used to “turn it on” and you better be polite to the ghost and say goodbye.

You can also get the ghost to play games with you on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It would have to be built like the new campgrounds cause the big outdoor map cratered performance on console apparently