Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

explosivo posted:

There's no way for dead players to communicate with other players who are alive, right?

There really should be a way for dead players to play the ghost (minus the killing). I think it'd be a hilariously fun way to spend death by making the lights flicker and scaring the poo poo outta your teammates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

explosivo posted:

I was hoping at least your voice had a chance to come through distorted on the radios or through the spirit box. Don't make it super common so you can't annoy the piss out of the remaining hunters but let one word through occasionally. I think it's a weird balancing act because technically you should be helping since your teammates are the ones you're distracting so I think it's best they keep the interaction between alive and dead to a minimum but there should be something to do to pass the time.

This runs the risk of creating false positives though

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Cobbsprite posted:

Make a list of things that player ghosts can say that objective ghosts cannot, let player ghosts say them near a working spirit box. Voice the player with a different synthetic voice.

Why not just let the ghosts talk normally? Don't have any filters on it and let it be essentially a radio for the dead.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

explosivo posted:

I think the idea against this is they don't want people who are dead telling the alive players that you saw the ghost and it was cold just before you died and you saw orbs or whatever. It's not as much fun when you can say "ah I just died" instead of minutes passing before someone else says "oh god I think explosivo's dead"

Edit: unless you mean ghosts talking to ghosts in which case yeah totally

I completely agree there. I was just saying that if dead players were to communicate via the spirit box it would have to be obvious that it was the dead player and not the ghost to avoid false positives.