Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Who gets access to Garbo, aka Alaric, aka Juan Pujol García on their spies list? It would be funny for both Britain and Germany to get access but hard to make him both historical and a viable choice for the Germans.

Historically he was a Catalan farmer who came out of the Spanish Civil War disgusted with both sides but proud of having served them without actually firing bullets. When World War II broke out he resolved to help Germany's enemies by acting as a spy...but he got turned down several times by the British. Undaunted, he made contact with the Abwehr under false pretenses to instead "spy" for them in England. Pujol never intended to actually carry this out, so he instead went to Lisbon and started bullshitting like mad. The utterly credulous Abwehr believed him despite in-hindsight hilarious errors like a (fake) Scottish contact who "would do anything for a litre of wine". Eventually, after the Kriegsmarine went running after an entire fictitious convoy, the British brought him on for real as part of the Double Cross system. (Every single Nazi spy who went to Britain got suborned in some way; Pujol was the only one who actively sought the Brits out from the start.) From then on Pujol (codenamed Garbo) was instrumental in the Allied intelligence apparatus, especially during the events of Operations Fortitude and Overlord. The Nazis believed him so completely that he kept a mix of 21 divisions out of Normandy from D-Day through August 1944.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

"poo poo's kinda fuckin' hosed." Yeah, that looks about right for a giant crazy multiple-faction mess at the end there.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

How different is Kaiserredux? From the very spotty descriptions I'd heard on Kaiserreich before it sounded sophomoric, but what you've shown off here is fine and interesting in its differences from OTL. So maybe I was hearing about the other one?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm glad that we finally got to play a more realistic mod for once.
For a very, very particular definition of "realistic". :v: I am on board for this turn of events.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Thanks for the LP! I still have very little idea what's going on besides Bars Goes Up but at least you two have a clue. :v: